Talk

Advanced search

Can you seasoned exercisers give me some tips please?

(5 Posts)
DooinMeCleanin Fri 21-Oct-11 09:43:34

I've just started a fitness programme. I did bootcamp on Tuesday, fellt terribly sore on Wednesday, to the point where I had to hold to things to pull myself off the loo blush, but I managed Zumba and the bootcamp again yesterday.

Today I don't feel sore as such, just achey and heavy. I wanted to still do something over the weekend when my classes are not on but how far can I push myself without the soreness continuing forever? Will it continue forever if I don't rest?

Today I was hoping to do some Yoga and have a go on my cross trainer. Should I or should I just do the Yoga to stretch a bit?

Sleepwhenidie Fri 21-Oct-11 23:18:03

Hi, don't know if you did it but yoga probably a great plansmile...but you are right in suspecting you do need rest. You sound a lot like me going at things full tilt, but it's not always the best way, especially considering the pain you describe after bootcamp grinshock Maybe take the effort level during the classes down a notch or two for a while so that you get used to it more gradually and not suffer quite as much afterwards...don't risk injuring yourself either, I imagine you'd be pretty cross if you put yourself completely out of action now you've got going with a fitness plan.

DooinMeCleanin Sat 22-Oct-11 11:11:49

No I was very bad yesterday and did nothing bar my usual walking and work angry and I ate bread, which is probably not so good considering I am tryig to do a low carb diet hmm

Never mind. I'm not going to beat myself up about it or do my usual 'sod it I'll start again on Monday' thinking.

I feel much better today, not achey or sore at all so I am going to take the devil dog out on the bike to the hill of doom <eep> and then try level 1 of the 30 day shred, which I am determined I will not let beat me today.

Yeah, once I am into something I usually go at super speed and then give up when it gets too hard, which is something I don't want to do this time.

I've just had an email from the bootcamp telling me I'll recieve a new diet plan to start on Monday to 'get sexy for x-mas' hmm not sure I believe the claims but I'll give it a go and hopefully it will help refocus me.

KingofHighVis Sat 22-Oct-11 15:14:32

If you stick to a steady programme, say exercising every other day then the soreness should pass after a couple of weeks and you'll just get a satisfyingly pleasant dull ache after a hard workout.

Start off gradually and build up the intensity.

ivykaty44 Sat 22-Oct-11 15:17:22

swim light back stroke over the weekend and use a sauna if your pool has one.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now