Talk

Advanced search

Gps watches

(6 Posts)
chrispackhamslovebunny Sun 16-Oct-11 19:31:28

Hi,can someone yell me about gps watches please? What do they do exactly? How do they work? And could anyone be kind enough to recommend a basic one that doesn't cost the earth? I have just committed to joining the local running club but am running more and really love it, am hoping to get to where I can do some serious distances or maybe even races, I think knowing how far I run etc would really help me as ATM I have no idea.... I just run until I reach home again! Thanks in advance!

chrispackhamslovebunny Sun 16-Oct-11 19:32:38

*tell not yell..grin bloody iPhone!

Pawsnclaws Sun 16-Oct-11 19:56:48

I've got the Garmin Forerunner 101, costs about £100 new and will give you distance and average pace, and time laps. I love it and have had one for years. I don't really know other brands, sorry.

You could also use a phone app like Runkeeper if you have a phone that features this?

Pawsnclaws Sun 16-Oct-11 19:58:27

Ah yes - you said iPhone! Try Runkeeper, it's easy to install and use and you might find you don't want a GPS.

kunahero Sun 16-Oct-11 20:42:39

you could try mapmyrun.com and a 4.99 sports watch from argos if you want to do it really cheap, thats how i do it.

FOrerunners are supposed to be really good but not cheap.

chrispackhamslovebunny Mon 17-Oct-11 17:22:46

thanks - ive tried mapmyrun but i cant do it! ive got an iphone 3g but its a bit bulky really so i would prefer if funds allow to get a gps watch....having said that are they all around the £100 mark?
is there nothing that does the same job for a bit less?

<off to google garmins.....>

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now