Talk

Advanced search

Couch 2 5k on iphone - which version?

(5 Posts)
iarebaboon Tue 11-Oct-11 17:22:27

ny iPhone says it cannot download the roger ullrey version, it'll do the nhs version though

Is there a significant difference between the two? Should I persevere with trying to get the roger ullrey one or stick with the nhs version?

OTheHugeWerewolef Wed 12-Oct-11 15:17:37

I didn't bother with either. I used the written plan you can get for free from coolrunning.com, plus an ipod shuffle and a stopwatch. None of the routines are that complicated - eg run 60 seconds, walk 90 seconds, repeat X times - and you don't really need anything other than something to time your intervals with.

I suppose it comes down to paying for a stopwatch vs paying for the app, but I figured I can keep using the stopwatch even when I've finished the C25K so <shrug>

iarebaboon Thu 13-Oct-11 18:38:52

The apps are both free and I do need to make this as simple for myself as possible

Saying that I'd much prefer lisrtenbg to music while I to it

Prrhps an iPod forceach ear

iarebaboon Thu 13-Oct-11 18:39:45

Ah the signature shirt typing of the perennial breastdeeder

gingerbubs Thu 13-Oct-11 18:44:29

The nhs one does play you music. I think it's meant to be 'inspirational/motivational'. Pretty cheesy stuff but ok to run to.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now