Talk

Advanced search

Front/back fastening sports bra for <ahem> generous norkage

(14 Posts)
PacificDogwood Sun 02-Oct-11 21:33:03

Does such a thing exist??

I am quite keen to take up running again after a break of several years and several children grin.
My old sports bras need burning tbh.
I have always hated having to pull them over my boobs; not so bad when I put them on, but horrible when trying to peel them off all sweaty and sticky, yuck!

Any ideas greatly appreciated, ta.

Wiifitmama Sun 02-Oct-11 21:34:48

Shock absorber running bra is the best thing ever ever ever for large breasts. It fastens at the back. It is not the easiest to get on and off, but it is really not a big deal and you do get used to it.

dinkystinky Sun 02-Oct-11 21:34:50

Google enell bras - ugly as sin but fab for the huge of nork

PacificDogwood Sun 02-Oct-11 21:48:32

Thank you, both smile.

Wiifitmama, Shockabsorbers still go over the head, don't they? I have never had one of them, but am trying to avoid the stretching-over-boobs-sensation to get them on.

<<off to google enell - never heard of them, thanks>>

Sleepwhenidie Sun 02-Oct-11 23:09:02

Second vote for the shock absorber running bra but admittedly it is a pain to get on and yes it is over the head...worth the hassle though, IMHO.

Pawsnclaws Mon 03-Oct-11 09:39:53

My Shock Absorber running bra goes on the usual way, but then has an extra fastening across the shoulders - requires a little practice to get used to doing up the clip but very very good once on. Best price at the mo is on Amazon - about £25.

I have an Enell but it's just so hot and restricting for long distances I prefer the SA. I'm an E cup and it works very well. It chafes a little under the chest on hot long runs but Vaseline sorts that.

PacificDogwood Mon 03-Oct-11 12:44:27

Right, I had a look at the Enell (looks like major armor lol!) and the SA Run which is a bit more affordable. There seem to be some issues with sizing (runs small) and the strap clips coming undone: has anybody experienced this here?

I reckon I am a E cup now btw with a 36 bandsize.

Pawsnclaws Mon 03-Oct-11 13:17:35

Pacific I changed up a size with the SA Run (from 36DD to 38E) for comfort and also because I found that the tightness made one of the shoulder strap clips ping out. I actually had to superglue it in for a marathon because it would have been awkward to put the clip back in while running. This is the shoulder clip though (ie over the arm) not the one across the back of the shoulders which holds fine if you make sure it's done up correctly before you set off.

I've had no problem since changing up a size, in a normal bra I'm a 36E and found the 38E perfect.

I actually just tried on my Enell and couldn't fit it round me now (it fastens at the front)! You will get no bounce at all with the Enell (as compared to minimal with the SA), but I just found it a step too far for me.

rubyrubyruby Mon 03-Oct-11 13:20:28

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

TheMitfordsMaid Mon 03-Oct-11 13:24:07

I have an underwired sports bra which does up in the conventional way. I bought it from bravissimo and it is the best I've ever had.

PacificDogwood Mon 03-Oct-11 22:10:11

ruby, it's the getting off which worries me... grin.

MitfordsMaid, I keep promising myself a trip to Bravissimo, but it has so far not materialised. And underwired, really? I don't even like underwires in my 'normal' bras, so not sure about that one.

I suppose I have to go and try some on, oh deep joy hmm.
Thanks for everybody's input.

JelliBelli Mon 03-Oct-11 22:46:04

My Shockabsorber does up the normal way with no extra clips and apart from being a snug fit is as easy to put on as my regular boulder holders.

It cost about a tenner from ebay.grin

TheMitfordsMaid Mon 03-Oct-11 23:32:31

I couldn't imagine not wearing an underwired bra, but then I am a 32G! I was a 38G before I started running/exercising a few years back.

Mine is a Freya Active. Very pleased with it.

afishcalledmummy Fri 07-Oct-11 08:36:41

The Freya Active sports bras are great - easy to get in and out of an supportive enough for running, but imho they don't hold a candle to the Enell - nothing moves in one of those! They may look expensive, but they don't wear out the way normal sports bras do - I've had mine a couple of years and they're still going strong!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now