Talk

Advanced search

Spinning

(9 Posts)
DuffyMoon Sat 01-Oct-11 19:36:02

anyone done it or doing it ? I am obese (to put it mildly but relatively fit) quite fancy doing it as I understand you can set your own pace but am slightly worried that I will...ahem...find the seat rather uncomfortable to sit on blush

DuffyMoon Sun 02-Oct-11 13:45:50

wink

ivykaty44 Sun 02-Oct-11 21:25:38

get padded cycling shorts if you think you will find the seat harsh on your backside wink Or padded cycling pants to wear under your gym bottoms. Make sure they are a snug fit - otherwise they can make you sore.

Enjoy spinning is really good, make sure your bike is set up correctly as well so you don't bugger up your knees - seat should be hip height and seat should be elbow to tip of fingers away from your handlebars

Yummygummybear Mon 03-Oct-11 12:09:12

It will kill your arse the 1st few times and that will hurt more than any other part of your body but somehow you seem to get used to it & the pain goes as long as you keep going.

I love spinning, I just don't get the time for regular classes anymore.

Enjoy!

Joby1970 Tue 04-Oct-11 12:40:29

i find it hurts my "undercarriage" grin

wellwisher Tue 04-Oct-11 12:48:27

If it hurts your undercarriage smile, you're probably bouncing a bit on the saddle due to the resistance not being turned up high enough. Even when you're sprinting there should be some resistance there.

DuffyMoon Tue 04-Oct-11 12:52:12

eeek! never thought of undercarriage issues.....just thought my fat arse might find the bike seat uncomfortable

thank you for the replies smile

torshihunter Tue 04-Oct-11 17:14:16

Follow the advice re padded shorts, bike set up etc. and take it at your pace....dont watch/compete with anyone else in the class! not at first any way ;)
I dont find the saddles comfortable as my own bike, brooks leather, but find a padded short or tight fitting legging works for me. seams or loose clothing can chafe!
try it and let us know how you get on..

JohnnyRod Sun 16-Oct-11 20:41:51

Spinning rocks! But it'll kill you, no matter who you are, so be ready for that. Deffo get some cycling shorts if you can, even unpadded ones will be better than nothing as baggy shorts will end up tangling and vanishing up somewhere. The instructor shoudlhelp you set up the bike. You'll sweat like a (insert non-PC gag here) so take a towel and a water bottle. Do it!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now