Talk

Advanced search

Couch to 5k on the treadmill

(6 Posts)
Yummygummybear Mon 26-Sep-11 11:30:20

Sorry for another C25K thread.

I just wondered if anyone was doing this on a treadmill. I have decided to start at the gym rather than take my body & red face out on to the street just yet blush.

My walking is currently between 5 & 5.5 km/h and run is 7.5 km/h but I hope to up that on my next session on Wed.

Is anyone else doing this? What are your speeds?

brighthair Mon 26-Sep-11 15:00:07

Not doing it from the proper thing but yes am using treadmill
Walking today was 5.5km and run 8.8
But I only managed 10 mins angry my right leg cramps up and burns
In my defence I have also done an hours riding lesson, muck out, a mile walk, 15 mins x trainer, 15 mins bike and 25 mins resistance and weight training. My body hates me grin

butterflyexperience Mon 26-Sep-11 17:20:10

I run on the treadmill and find it good for monitoring my progress and working on endurance.

I also road run once a week

kplondon Tue 27-Sep-11 08:03:57

I am on week 4 but I'm repeating it because I was away last week. My walks are 7.0km and my runs are 8.1km. The people on the treadmills next to me are inevitably running at 10.0km and 11km. "I don't know how they do it".

Yummygummybear Tue 27-Sep-11 12:46:49

I would love to run at 10km!

Brighthair, I get shin splints & bad pains in my calves so I either slow down or sometimes try to run through it as it seems to hurt more when brisk walking.

I'm also day 2 of 30 day shred so my thighs will definitely feel the burn this week! smile

brighthair Tue 27-Sep-11 14:26:33

It seems to be down the back of my thigh that is pulling. No wonder though, I only started back at the gym 3 weeks ago so I'd imagine my body will be getting used to
It grin
If I can't run the rest of the minutes, I've just been walking through it

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now