Talk

Advanced search

Argh - exercise class this morning but muscles still screaming agony - do I go?!

(9 Posts)
EdnaKrabappel Wed 21-Sep-11 07:25:05

just started a new exercise regime after a year of NO exercise. Am v committed to this plan is 3 mornings a week classes (military fitness). First class was Monday and I am due to go again this morning but am in agony & still can't walk properly as muscles so sore.

Will it all loosen up or will I damage myself if I try again today? next class is fri.

Petesmum Wed 21-Sep-11 08:00:20

I'm not a qualifies trainer but having been through the same agonies before, my advice would be to attend but warn your instructor as you may need to warm up for longer. They may also give you some extra cool down stretches to do.
But bear in mind I'm of the 'no pain, no gain' generation grin

Bartimaeus Wed 21-Sep-11 08:05:18

My coach always says its better to go if you ache. But agree to let the instructor know, and warm up well.
Drink LOADS of water too (during and after) - really helps

wellwisher Wed 21-Sep-11 08:27:01

Go! Forming the habit of exercise is as important at this stage as what you actually do in the classes. And the movement will help your muscles. Sounds like you just didn't stretch enough at the end of the last class - take a few minutes by yourself to do additional stretches from now on.

rubyrubyruby Wed 21-Sep-11 08:27:59

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

prettymum Wed 21-Sep-11 08:29:14

Like the others said Go! Eat some protein or drink some protein shake after the work out, it'll help with sore muscles.

RubberDuck Wed 21-Sep-11 08:33:26

Go. I always feel like I won't be able to do anything, but actually I've found that exercise has helped stretch the muscles out/relief the pain. It's counter-intuitive, I know.

EdnaKrabappel Wed 21-Sep-11 11:26:33

Thanks everyone! I went, did extra stretches, it was a bit painful but feel good for having done it.

notyummy Wed 21-Sep-11 12:57:05

Well done EDna - if I had seen your post in time I would have said the same as all the others. Once get going your muscles feel better. Unless you have properly hurt yourself (pulled a muscle etc) then you are always better keeping going.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now