Talk

Advanced search

Am I doing enough to weight loss & tone?

(10 Posts)
brighthair Thu 15-Sep-11 14:31:37

To lose weight?
3 x a week horse riding for 45 mins to an hour plus mucking out etc and half a mile walk
3 x a week gym. I do a programme of 30 mins interval cardio and 30 mins weights. I come out dripping and always push myself hard. Programme is done by qualified trainer

Sleepwhenidie Thu 15-Sep-11 17:05:57

Toning, I would say definitely...lose weight? All depends on how much you eat!

brighthair Thu 15-Sep-11 17:43:17

I'm on the neris and India diet, started at beginning of year and lost about 2 stone ish and 4 points off my BMI

Sleepwhenidie Thu 15-Sep-11 19:09:46

Well your exercise regime sounds great, the weight training will build muscle (firm you up and burn more calories) and the interval training is great for burning fat, all the riding and mucking out will also burn plenty of calories and tone you up. Add this to a sensible diet and you should definitely lose weight and look smaller and tightersmile.

One word of warning...with those kind of activity levels you may find you need and would benefit from, more carbs than p2t advocates (if I understand correctly it is basically v low carb no?) Try adding in perhaps some porridge for breakfast and some carbs to your lunch, just skip the carbs after 4pm.

brighthair Thu 15-Sep-11 19:29:29

Yes low carb but I have oats in the am and occasional oatcakes. Plus the odd slip blush or two blush

Sleepwhenidie Thu 15-Sep-11 19:54:26

Don't be blush, treats make the hard work bearable! How much more weight do you want to lose?

brighthair Thu 15-Sep-11 20:14:46

Hah hard question!! I am technically quite a bit overweight but even my GP says i weigh a lot heavier than I look as I am quite toned and muscled
I am 5'11 and 15 stone size 14 top and 16 bottom. I'd like to be 13 stone, but I am happy to just be fitter and toned and lose inches rather than weight

Sleepwhenidie Thu 15-Sep-11 22:00:40

I think that's the healthiest way to approach it, weight can be deceptive when it comes to body fat and fitness! Are you planning on keeping up the exercise regime long term? And what about the diet? It sounds as if it has worked very well for you so far, a good steady weight loss, was that achieved before you started the pt and all the riding etc?

brighthair Thu 15-Sep-11 22:15:56

Yep was riding but not going to gym when
I lost it. I hope to keep up the gym as I enjoy it, have had a lightbulb moment that my body is designed to sweat and work, plus it clears my head grin
PT is a friend mates rates at £15, she can't come to every session but can review programme as and when

brighthair Thu 15-Sep-11 22:17:28

Oops yes diet as well my body seems to like low carb so will stick with it. I don't miss pasta or potatoes at all but bread is my downfall

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now