Talk

Advanced search

Power Plates

(3 Posts)
CrackerFactory Mon 12-Sep-11 19:26:12

Does anyone own a machine and do you think the excessive cost is worth it? I am feeling a bit desperate.

Onlyaphase Mon 12-Sep-11 19:37:53

Yes we have one, my DH uses it every other day. The way it works for him is that he can basically do a hours Pilates work out in about 20 minutes. He also uses it to relax and stretch his back after a long time in the car

Really though, they are expensive and take up a lot of room. Is there not one in a gym nearby you can use? You can only really use them for 20 mins every other day, so they are a big investment.

Most people seem to use them for a bit then stop - like having an exercise bike I suppose.

There is a new model coming out soon though, so the older powerplates may be going cheap/

sunnyday123 Thu 22-Sep-11 22:56:50

i use one at a gym twice per week and its great - but it apparently cost over 15K so i imagine the ones you can buy at home for under £1000 are nowhere near as good. They are definitely an 'extra' to combine with other cardio and weight work though so i would recommend joining a gym and using one there.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now