Talk

Advanced search

Can someone recommend some decent trainers that don't cost the earth?

(8 Posts)
Catonkey Thu 08-Sep-11 23:28:38

My DD is 10 weeks old and I've lost the 3 1/2 stone I put on during pregnancy with little effort (except BF) but now I need to work on the pre-pregnancy fat (a fair bit)

Can someone please recommend a decent pair of trainers that don't cost half a million pounds? I mainly walk at the moment but will be going to aerobic class and Zumba.

CaptainNancy Fri 09-Sep-11 11:38:37

I have found great running trainers (new balance and asics) at TKMAxx usually- especially good if you;re feet are v small or v large as more availability, and if you don't care what colour they are.

Catonkey Fri 09-Sep-11 12:27:43

Ooh thanks i never thought of trying there, i'm a size 4 so a bit on the small size. I'll have a look this weekend! Anything to avoid a sports shop at the moment, at least til i'm a little more confident!

morethanyoubargainfor Fri 09-Sep-11 12:35:16

Also try start fitness online. They sell older versions of modern trainers (as in not the current ones) but cheaply, i always buy from here.

CaptainNancy Fri 09-Sep-11 13:02:34

I am a 4 too- have had new balance from there for £9.00- cheap enough? grin

Munashe Tue 13-Sep-11 21:34:49

I run around 20+ miles and I have these
www.mandmdirect.com/products-Brooks-Womens-Glycerin-7-Running-Shoes-White-Silver-White-Pearl-Roxy-Red_BQ351.htm

There are loads there to chose from and I am happy with the Brooks I have. Just but half a size bigger than your normal size. I have wide feet that why I opted for that specific one but the cheaper one should be ok for what you need them for.

Munashe Tue 13-Sep-11 21:35:27

sorry mearnt to say buy half a size bigger.

emsyj Tue 13-Sep-11 21:46:16

Just ordered a pair of those Brooks trainers Munashe !

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now