Talk

Advanced search

Garmin - which one do I want?

(6 Posts)
create Fri 02-Sep-11 20:16:46

I've been hankering after a GPS watch for running for a while. I left my job yesterday (yippee!) and the lovely people there had a very generous collection, whuch means I can now buy one. But I've no idea what I need.

Simple is probably best for me, technology seems to have passed me by since the walkman! I currently run around 30 miles per week, but will be building up to a spring marathon.

I think I want something that will tell me how far I've run, what my current pace is, what my average pace is and mile/km splits. Does that sound right and what model do I need?

Thank you

Wiifitmama Fri 02-Sep-11 20:28:50

I just got the 405cx. I love it! It is simple to use once you watch the videos on their website which show you how! I only run twice a week. I do a stewing 5 km once a week and interval training for about 30 minutes the other run. I find it most useful for the intervals. I programmed it to the intervals I want and then it beeps and gives me a 5 sec count down for each one. I can add in a war up and cool down if I want. When I upload to the computer (automatic when you are in range) I can look at exactly how fast I ran each interval, my heart rate (I wear a monitor that came with it), my route, etc. I am using all this information to help me target what to do next. Also, it has a virtual partner which is a little man that you programme to what pace you want to be running and you can see him and you n the screen so you can keep up with him. I am sure it does loads more too but this is what I have discoveed so far.

One other thing. I got the 405 as the 305 and 205looked so enormous. I have to say that the 405 seems big to me on my wrist so I can't imagine how big the others would have been!!

DrNortherner Sat 03-Sep-11 01:09:40

I have the forerunner 110, it does everything you list and is simple to use and to upload your stats/splits.

I love my Garmin!

DebiTheScot Tue 06-Sep-11 18:15:19

I have the 205 and although it is huge I don't notice it on my wrist when I'm running. It does everything you want.

squix Thu 08-Sep-11 23:04:02

I have a 305 - same as a 205 but with heart monitor - which I never use. It is great. Has changed the way I train. Although I have become a leettle bit obsessed. They can have that effect smile

squix Thu 08-Sep-11 23:06:58

Also, I have tiny wrists - and I hardly notice the size. I find the large size makes it easier to see.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now