Talk

Advanced search

Help with a bike 4 year old

(4 Posts)
mummc2 Tue 30-Aug-11 09:40:24

My daughter has a balance bike at the minute and we are looking to buy her her first proper bike for her 4th bday but am really unsure of what to buy.

I want a alloy frame cos they are lightweight but dont know what sort of handlebars to get straight or bmx style??? her balance bike has straight so am i best getting her one with same riding position??

The only one Ive seen that I like is the cuda blox 14". I dont want to spend a fortune and would like to get it for around £100

Any one got a favourite or any ideas to help me choose??

Sleepwhenidie Fri 02-Sep-11 08:08:22

Our DS has a specialized bike which has been great. He went straight from balance bike to that without using stabilisers and never pedalling anything, even a trike. It was good because the pedals don't rotate backwards, often a problem when teaching kids to pedal right round IYSWIM? Islabikes are also supposed to be great but I think a bit more expensive.

Sure there are old threads on this too, have a search...

HTH

mummc2 Fri 02-Sep-11 09:46:14

yeah I saw the specialized and I really like but they only do a 12" or a 16". she has sat on the 12" and its too small but think the 16" is too big a jump. Also its 160 bit more than I wanted to spend for a 4 year old

nocake Fri 02-Sep-11 14:06:30

Ridgeback do a 14" bike, the MX14, which is just about in your price range. My commuting bike is a Ridgeback (albeit a little large grin) and the build quality is very good.

I've just checked the Evans website and they do a girlie version of the MX14 called the Honey, if your DD is into pink.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now