Talk

Advanced search

Is there any websites where I can find a fitness/run buddy?

(10 Posts)

I hate doing it on my own, DH works long hours and cycles to work for his exercise and leaves at 5am and back at 8.30pm sad Is there any websites that you can find a local run buddy? Thanks

piellabakewell Mon 08-Aug-11 07:51:08

I'm in the same boat...I've looked on Zest and Women's Running magazine websites but their 'find a buddy' forums are not at all busy. I looked on Mumsnet local too. If you're anywhere near me, let's meet up!

Berkshire...?grin

piellabakewell Mon 08-Aug-11 07:53:09

Bit too far west, I'm at the flyover end of the M4! Shame.

sad Just looked on the sites you said & there is no one...

piellabakewell Mon 08-Aug-11 08:12:09

Perhaps we should just go out on our own and then approach other solo female runners a bit like a 6 year old in the playground asking 'Can I play?' grin

whyme2 Mon 08-Aug-11 08:27:17

Try your local Gumtree forum. I often see ads on ours for people wanting exercise buddies.

Goldberry Sun 28-Aug-11 22:49:47

Have you tried the 'run England' website? They have running groups all over the country, some for complete beginners, some with a range. I was amazed to find 2 groups really near me (and I live in a smallish village). www.runengland.org

tulip27 Wed 31-Aug-11 21:25:51

Have you tried runnersworld.com.

piellabakewell Sat 03-Sep-11 08:23:05

I've tried Runners World, Zest, Women's Running mag, sportpartner, joggingbuddy, runengland...and Mumsnet! No luck, though sad

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now