Talk

Advanced search

What am I doing wrong

(4 Posts)
gastonscave Mon 25-Jul-11 19:09:45

I am working out at the gym for around an hour three times a week. Both cardio and free weights.

I am also using the MyFitnessPal app to control my calorie intake.

Problem is in three weeks of restarting the gym I have managed to gain nearly half a stone. I'm so fed up, what is the point. I am also measuring myself and seem to be adding bulk Instead if losing it.

Where am I going wrong??

gastonscave Thu 04-Aug-11 13:10:09

Any one any ideas sad

keynesian Thu 04-Aug-11 14:15:09

Only the usual ideas I'm afraid... check your portion sizes, don't guess the weight of dried pasta and rice etc. Drink plenty of water, check your salt and sugar intake... and how many calories are your eating net of exercise calories?

Does your gym offer any nutritional advice to go with a specific weight loss training plan?

duende Thu 04-Aug-11 22:33:34

If you have been putting on weight for some time, and despite exercise and reasonable diet, then maybe you should ask your GP for some blood tests.
A few years ago I put on 2 stone in a space of a few months, I felt I was bigger every day. It turned out my thyroid was underactive. As soon as I was on the right dose of thyroxine, the weight gain stopped and a few months later I was back to my usual size. Just something to consider, I am not saying you have a thryoid condition and hopefully you don't, but it could be hormonal.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now