Talk

Advanced search

Anyone taken their baby to LittleDippers swimming classes?

(2 Posts)
Devonlover Thu 21-Jul-11 13:32:25

Hi there

Has anyone done the Little Dippers swimming course for young babies? I'm thinking of signing up, as it sounds fun and good exercise for my DS (and maybe me), but it's really expensive (I think so anyway - £120 for 6 weeks) and I wondered whether it was worth it?

The main benefits are (apart from the exercise angle, which I'm hoping will help with his sleep) that it gets babies used to water at an early age, so that swimming lessons later on are much easier. It's also relaxing for them, and I guess a nice thing to do.

Anyone done this and got any thoughts? Personally, I'm wondering whether I can just take DS to the swimming baths for £3 in a few months time and teach him myself.

Thanks!

TartyMcFarty Thu 21-Jul-11 22:23:08

I refused to follow my friends to Waterbabies because of the outrageous cost, which is about half what you're suggesting here. We've been doing Baby Starfish instead, at £4 a pop, which does exactly what you're looking for, in that it develops water confidence. She's been doing it for 6 months, is 16mths old, and can now 'swim' with two discs on each arm. I'd recommend it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now