Talk

Advanced search

Best running iphone app?

(6 Posts)
cairnterrier Thu 21-Jul-11 11:50:26

Dear collective Mumsnet knowledge.

I'd like to buy DH an iphone app to help with him getting back into running. I'm thinking along the lines of an app that can keep track of distances, times run, calories burnt etc. Which is the best one to get? Is there one that has suggested running routes for wherever you are in the country?

Thanks

smile

IlanaK Thu 21-Jul-11 21:54:23

I use runkeeper which uses gps to track your run including speed, distance etc. You can then see a map of where you ran. You can also look at the map while running to see where you are if you get lost!

duende Thu 21-Jul-11 21:59:48

Some of my friends really like endomondo, and others recommend mapmyrun. I use mapmyride sometimes when I go out on my bike. I don't use it for running because I am still doing the couch to 5k so using an app for this.

alp Thu 21-Jul-11 22:01:42

I use adidas micoach - its a free app and you can set your workout zones (easy/hard etc) it also tells you if you are going too fast or slow grin for that zone to keep you on track. I used it when training for the marathon this year as you can preload runs with time and distance to help you train.

melliebobs Fri 22-Jul-11 17:43:43

I use run keeper. It's fantastic and it's free! Also you van change your activities to say walking/cycling etc and it will still calculate your calories accordingly. Also at the end it brings your route up on Google Maps

cairnterrier Sun 24-Jul-11 22:48:08

Hi everyone,

Thanks for all the suggestions. In the end I went for runmeter. I did want to pay something as it was a present and this one had really good reviews. DH is really pleased with it and has been out twice already using it. Keep on running everyone smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now