Talk

Advanced search

sweaty hair what do you do?

(8 Posts)
mothersmilkandherchickenseggs Tue 19-Jul-11 11:32:36

im in a bit of a cunundrum having got back from a sneaky run whilst ds is at his nans i have enough time to wash and change but definatly not enough time to wash and dry mt hair i do this quite alot though usually its whilst im shredding with ds at home but im always then concious of having smelly sweaty hair when i pick up dd from school it sounds groase so what can i do? i shouldnt i worry?

cyb Tue 19-Jul-11 11:34:19

OK take a breath!

I'm sure no one cares what your hair looks like on the school run

mothersmilkandherchickenseggs Tue 19-Jul-11 11:37:33

your probably right im being to vein arnt i?

mothersmilkandherchickenseggs Tue 19-Jul-11 11:37:52

sorry vain

notyummy Tue 19-Jul-11 12:48:12

I do a LOT of exercise and so have this problem all the time. I often shower and just leave hair wet to dry by itself. Sometimes slick back into ponytail so it looks neater. Other option is to shower, dont was hair and then dry sweaty hair v quickly with dryer. It doesn't smell - not like your body! You could always get some dry shampoo and use it on hair after a quick shower if you haven't had time to wash it. I just find I don't really mind - as long as I don't smell or look too mad, I would rather focus on the long term benefits of being fit. I know I can scrub pretty well when I do have the time to bother!!

happilyeverafter Tue 19-Jul-11 14:42:58

I get this too.

A couple of times per week i cycle in the morning and run at night so dont want to wash my hair after the cycle as will be doing it after the run before bed.

I tend to brush it with a wet brush, blast the front with the hairdryer and scrape it back if I need to go somewhere. If it is just school run then I will wear my running cap, other mums are used to seeing me in sportswear so I dont worry what they think anymore. If i wash it then i can pin/tie it back wet and make it look acceptable but I try and avoid shampooing it more than once a day.

GnocchiGnocchiWhosThere Tue 19-Jul-11 16:33:52

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

hoarsewhisperer Mon 25-Jul-11 11:31:10

another vote for dry shampoo. i dry my hair first with the dryer, then a good blast of batiste dry shampoo , wait a minute and give it a good brush through. is usually presentable enough to last until the evening anyway....

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now