Talk

Advanced search

Exercise after cs

(5 Posts)
loueytb3 Mon 11-Jul-11 16:50:18

I had an ELCS 5.5 weeks ago. I'm desparate to start exercising again, partly because I miss it and partly because I can't fit into any of my clothes hmm. I really got into running after DTs so want to restart that but realistically can only do this at the weekends as I have no childcare during the week. I've also bought the 30 day shred DVD which I can do in my lounge <hoping for miracle weight loss>

I'm not sure how easy I should be taking it, particularly with abdominal exercises? I've booked to see my GP next week for my 6 week postnatal check but they tend to spout a standard line about things like this and I thought I would get a better response from mums who have done it. Any words of wisdom, or should I just go for it....

loueytb3 Tue 12-Jul-11 07:14:04

Anyone???

Meglet Tue 12-Jul-11 07:25:59

Don't do anything for a few weeks yet. I've had 2 cs's and made it back to the gym at 12 weeks both times. Yes, its horrible not being able to work out but the last thing you want is to damage yourself while healing.

I stuck to walking while I recovered then went back to my ante-natal work out at 12 weeks as it was fairly gentle. Running was ok but did make my stomach sore if it did it for more than a few minutes.

Joby1970 Tue 12-Jul-11 13:01:23

AS long as the doc says OK then start exercising. But start slowly - pilates or yoga - let the instructor know you have had a CS.

loueytb3 Tue 12-Jul-11 17:24:19

Argh - I was hoping you were going to say it was fine to get back into it...

I've been walking lots already, with 2 other children I haven't exactly been taking it easy. No pain at all. I honestly can't remember when I started exercising after the twins but I suspect it was later simply because I was so knackered.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now