Talk

Advanced search

Running or jogging?

(6 Posts)
nbyet Sun 03-Jul-11 20:43:09

Those doing the couch25k, do you think you are actually running, or jogging? I am about to start on week 1, and the other day I had a 'test run' so to speak. I was definitely jogging. I know it's difficult to quantify, but can you say what are you are doing/did during your 'run' bits, especially in the first weeks? Were you jogging at a pace not much faster than walking, or were you closer to sprinting, and did you find that your jogging/running pace increased over the weeks?

chocolatchaud Sun 03-Jul-11 20:45:59

Sorry, am not doing the couch25k, but just wanted to answer!

I always say 'I am going for a run', however last time I went, I realised I was not actually gaining on a lady walking her dog, so have now amended it to a 'jog'!

nbyet Sun 03-Jul-11 22:12:15

This is what I mean....during my last 'running' interval I was not gaining on the old man in front of me!

LakeFlyPie Wed 06-Jul-11 11:19:54

Not sure what the 'correct' answer is but when I attempted C25k I broke into a lumber slightly faster than my fast walking pace and considered that a 'run'.
It was enough to make me beetroot red and breathless at first.
I did get ever so slightly faster as it got easier.

Clarence15 Wed 06-Jul-11 22:22:25

Oh it's definitely 'running' when I tell anyone about it. In reality it's one pace up from a snail's wink

Butterbur Fri 08-Jul-11 09:02:23

I dont think it matters whether you call it running or jogging, or whether it's fast, or hardly above walking pace. It only matters that you are pushing yourself during the run stage, whatever that is for you.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now