Talk

Advanced search

Oh for the love of God!!! When will I start to lose some weight??

(10 Posts)
RunnyBum Wed 29-Jun-11 22:32:20

I am on W4D2 of C25K I haven't lost any weight yet, please tell me when you started to lose weight. I'm feeling very disheartened sad

notyummy Thu 30-Jun-11 12:02:13

Are you dieting as well? Havent done the C25K so dont know how much distance you are covering by this stage - how much per day/overall in a week?

keynesian Fri 01-Jul-11 10:55:52

Are you doing the exercise and an eating plan together? Did you take measurements before you began? Sometimes you lose inches but not pounds.

RunnyBum Fri 01-Jul-11 21:43:31

Thanks for the replies, I'm only running for about 16 broken up minutes currently though the next few weeks that starts to increase. I am not eating like a pig but I'm not a total angel either, perhaps need to change portion sizes now I'm not breast feeding anymore wink. I did take some measurements so I must compare them tomorrow.

notyummy Fri 01-Jul-11 23:22:53

So calorie wise you are probably burning less than 100 calories a time- and you need to get rid of 3500 to drop a pound. Portion size hugely important- processed carbs need to go, or be really minimised plus alcohol. GI diet gives you an idea of what carb portions should look like (hint- it is tiny!)

CQrrrneee Fri 01-Jul-11 23:26:23

do you have any weights? Lifting weights and running works for me (and I lurve my food)

RunnyBum Sat 02-Jul-11 20:52:31

What type of weights, do u mean the type of weights you can run with?

CQrrrneee Sat 02-Jul-11 22:31:03

no handweights (but not while running!) - makes a real difference to your body shape

RunnyBum Sat 02-Jul-11 22:34:33

Thanks will go and get some!

CQrrrneee Sat 02-Jul-11 22:47:00

smile good luck!
I tried losing weight after xmas and none came off despite exercise and no food but running/weights combo has worked for me.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now