Talk

Advanced search

What's your best, most motivational running tune?

(11 Posts)
RunnyBum Tue 14-Jun-11 23:24:20

Just starting C25k and need some musical help to keep me going - what songs have u found best? Ta

melliebobs Wed 15-Jun-11 07:32:55

Call me when your sober -evanescence
How far we've come - matchbox 20
burn it to the ground - nickleback
U + Ur Hand = P!nk
Misery Business - Paramore

CliffTumble Wed 15-Jun-11 07:35:12

I like 80s cheese like go your own way by fleetwood MAC and eye of the tiger by survivor

RunnyBum Wed 15-Jun-11 18:32:00

Anyone else got any suggestions?

LouMacca Wed 15-Jun-11 18:50:22

Michael Jackson's Thriller works for me.

notyummy Thu 16-Jun-11 20:52:09

I tend to listen to rock/indie/dance- basically high tempo stuff. Muse, The Wombats, Lady GAGa (Born this way is a good tempo). Recent stuff like Swedish House Mafia LMAFAO and Example- Changed the way you kissed me.

RunnyBum Fri 17-Jun-11 22:06:53

Thanks everyone, I have just finished the last run of week 2 of the c25k and it was hideous so any suggestions will be gratefully received grin

TartyMcFarty Mon 20-Jun-11 09:27:54

Muse, Map of the Problematique; Faithless, God is a DJ, The Rogue Element, You Know that Sound; Muse, The Resistance...

Butterbur Mon 20-Jun-11 09:31:32

Another vote for Muse. My runs all start to Apocalypse Please, from the Absolution album, which has a strong, fairly slow beat, just right for the warm-up, plus the Into, which is a rhythm of marching feet. I'm so conditioned now, it makes my feet twitch just to think of the music.

ohnelly Sat 02-Jul-11 20:33:49

I like fatboyslim as it's very repetitive and helps me get in a rhythm. Also rocky 4 soundtrack, if that doesn't get you running nothing will!!

coastgirl Sat 02-Jul-11 20:46:06

Hey Ya has got me through the last half-mile of many a tough run! Also I Gotta Feeling by the Black-Eyed Peas.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now