Talk

Advanced search

help me get from 6-13miles in 4 weeks!!

(6 Posts)
juicychops Tue 14-Jun-11 17:01:19

i signed up to a 13 mile run last week to replace a 10k i was unable to take part in.

i haven't run for about 4 weeks now as my son has been very ill and off school. anyway, he's back at school and on the mend and i STILL haven't been out running! i know that after a week or so i will be back to my 6 miles as ive had breaks like this before and it doesn't take long to get back.

but i need to seriously start training for 13 miles. i dont need to get up to the full 13 miles, but up to at least 10 by race day - then i can just push for the extra miles and hope adrenaline carries me through!!

anyone got a good training program/advice for this? i can't run tonight as my bf wont be round till late so will be starting tomorrow night.

Please help!!

backing out is not an option

June2009 Tue 14-Jun-11 17:32:24

this month's women's running magazine has half marathons training plans.

also could pop up to the runners united thread smile

juicychops Tue 14-Jun-11 19:12:51

ah brilliant thanks june i shall go and buy it tomorrow smile

JelliBelli Tue 14-Jun-11 19:29:51

This bupa website has some free training programmes. You'd need to choose between the 10mile and the half marathon.

tulip27 Wed 15-Jun-11 11:43:00

How about adding an extra mile on each week to your training runs?
You may suprise yourself though, last week I was so busy singing along to my ipod I missed my turning home and ran 10 miles instead of my usual 6 and yes I did feel a bit exhausted when I got home but to be honest it wasn't that much more difficult.

juicychops Thu 16-Jun-11 15:59:15

hi thanks tulip i still haven't been out for a run yet! im dreading it to be honest where i haven't been out for a month so i keep putting it off!

i know that once ive been out a few times il get back into it easily but its just the thought of struggling for a week or so thats stopping me

i am hoping i can pull myself together for this evening when my dp gets round even just for 3-4 miles to get myself going

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now