Talk

Advanced search

Exercise bike help

(7 Posts)
maudpringle Mon 13-Jun-11 18:06:32

Could I please have some advice on which excercise bike to buy?
I am overweight and have become very unfit, I just can't face going on my pushbike until I look and feel better.
I have seen some models with 'normal' handle bars but others with some more like a trainer and I jst don't know which is best for what.
I really would appreciate any help smile

maudpringle Tue 14-Jun-11 09:37:54

Can nobody give me any advice?
What brand is best or what to avoid?
I really need help!!
Please!

maudpringle Tue 14-Jun-11 17:27:10

Oh this is sad - no replies at all sad

BluddyMoFo Tue 14-Jun-11 17:29:28

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

StrangewaysHereICome Mon 20-Jun-11 13:05:37

Ive just ordered a York C201 from Amazon- it's half price at the moment. i'll let you know how I get on with it. I am trying to get fit after baby no.3 and was running with him in a buggy, til I fell over and broke my arm sad So I am hoping the bike will help keep me ticking over for a while.

Best of luck Maudpringle smile

maudpringle Tue 21-Jun-11 16:07:03

hello, back again
After many evenings reading reviews today I bought a York Aspire
good luck Strangeways smile

do let me know how it goes

StrangewaysHereICome Tue 21-Jun-11 21:56:15

Ours arrived today and got it built tonight with DH's help. He had first go as I was still feeding DS. He is a serious cyclist and was a bit scathing about it to start with but he got a good sweat up and seemed quite impressed. I had a quick go and it's good fun and hard work. The programs are good and you can feel the different levels, the hardest is very hard. I'm aiming for half an hour a day and I think it should help me shift a few pounds wink It's very quiet too so can watch TV at the same time.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now