Talk

Advanced search

who can check my running gait in Yorkshire?

(6 Posts)
ThatVikRinA22 Mon 13-Jun-11 16:58:46

im googling but i cant find anywhere.

i can get to York, or Hull, or Doncaster or Meadowhall in Sheffield, but i cant find a running shop who does assessments of your running gait in any of these towns - can anyone help please with recommendations?

im struggling with painful knees and am willing to buy a decent pair of trainers for the way i run, if only i can find somewhere.

thanks

ThatVikRinA22 Mon 13-Jun-11 17:06:49

ignore me! i found one! yay!

off to up and running in York....will go next set of days off!

putthehamsterbackinitscage Tue 14-Jun-11 15:45:16

there's also a Sweatshop at Meadowhell..... make sure they assess your gait and talk about what you currently wear / what is comfortable etc and that you try them out... Sweatshop will swap them within 30 days if you have a problem too...

I went for some running shoes recommended by a running shop without full gait analysis and although they should have been ok in theory for my gait (since had analysis x2 in diff shops), I've picked up an injury that my physio says is most probably down to changing shoes (they were less cushioned than I was used to - I have pretty much a neutral gait with fairly high arches)

SheCutOffTheirTails Tue 14-Jun-11 15:46:54

Wow, I was thinking running would be a nice easy sport to take up.

<heads back to drawing board>

melliebobs Tue 14-Jun-11 16:19:57

Sweatshop.co.uk have stored in York, castlefield and sheffield

NightLark Tue 14-Jun-11 16:22:56

'up and running' in Sheff town centre (just along from the Cathedral) also do gait assessment.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: