Talk

Advanced search

Advice needed on running shoes please

(13 Posts)
rainbowinthesky Sun 12-Jun-11 18:32:51

Hi
I went to a running shop today to get my gait checked but want to buy shoes from the internet due to being much cheaper.
They showed me a range of shoes suitable for me but it was a bit too difficult to get a pen out and start making notes for googling!

I know I have a gait that slightly goes inwards and a normal arch. They said price range of 70-90 would be fine.

Any suggestions? THinking of getting a pair of asics?

melliebobs Sun 12-Jun-11 19:14:52

Sport direct have loads of aside on there and show you which ones or for high and low arches and some say whether they are best for over/under pronators but not all

rainbowinthesky Sun 12-Jun-11 19:26:48

Thanks. What about brooks?

rainbowinthesky Sun 12-Jun-11 19:28:44

Do sports direct do the gait test thing as well?

rainbowinthesky Sun 12-Jun-11 19:43:27

Hmm, looking at the soles of my trainers shows though that the outer heel is far more worn than the inner and I cant see a difference on the wear under the front of the foot. Would that point to under pronation?

melliebobs Sun 12-Jun-11 20:11:39

Sports Direct don't do gait analysis. Sweatshop do (lots of stores and an online shop too) Did they not tell you in the shop what you were?

AddictedtoCrunchies Mon 13-Jun-11 15:51:01

I'd go back to the running shop and buy the ones they recommend. They're good for 400 miles which, if you go out twice a week to run 5m works out at £1 a run for an £80 pair of trainers.

You take the risk of buying a £40 pair in Sports Direct which may not fit correctly and give you blisters. Then that's £40 wasted.

I bought a pair of Brooks after having my gait tested and they're perfect. Had Asics before and they were good too.

melliebobs Mon 13-Jun-11 17:58:05

What I was saying though is if you were told WHAT your gate is there is no reason why u couldn't go sport direct n get them from there as they tell u which ones are for which gait. Not my choice I'd rather someone tell me what I need

BelovedCunt Mon 13-Jun-11 17:59:57

buy from the shop. i think it is fairly cheeky to go and take advice but not buy. also you need to try the shoes on. it isn't worth the risk of injury.

rainbowinthesky Mon 13-Jun-11 19:01:40

Thanks for advice. I will go back to the shop to buy as I need to be sure it's the right one. Thanks again.

ChippyMinton Mon 13-Jun-11 19:05:02

Buy from shop. Road test them, then buy a second identical pair online for when the first pair wear out.

Themasterandmargaritas Mon 13-Jun-11 19:09:48

I'm with Chippy, I had my gait tested, took my usual trainers they said they were fine and I also bought a new pair through them. Since then I buy the same brand and make but just last year's model, online - much cheaper than buying the latest model and equally good.

MayDayChild Mon 13-Jun-11 19:14:16

Hubby is physio
Said outside wear on trainers is under pronated
Hope that helps

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: