Talk

Advanced search

Exercise help

(3 Posts)
brighthair Tue 31-May-11 19:13:23

I have dabbled in bits of exercise in the past, mainly yoga/pilates, I ride my horse and go to the gym (not as often as I should)
I really, really struggle as I have cholinergic urticaria, so basically anything that raises my heartrate such as cardio means I get covered in hives that itch, and I have to stop. I've also had a knackered knee for 3 weeks - hurts to straighten it when I have had it bent so I haven't been to the gym as I didn't want to make it worse
Do I rest my knee or try exercising on it? and what is the shred dvd like please? and what cardio is the best to do at a low intensity?

melliebobs Tue 31-May-11 20:16:56

just out of curiosity are you on beta blockers? If not with the condition you have can you not be asked to be put on them and therefore allow you to do some form of caridio without suffering the next day etc?

brighthair Tue 31-May-11 20:38:15

Weirdly I take beta blockers for an unrelated condition. They worked for 2 weeks on the urticaria and then stopped. I've been on doses of up to 200mg antihistamines, and nothing has worked. I take 4 x Zirtek at the moment, but my only next option is an immune suppressant which I am reluctant to go on due to side effects
I can do approx 20 mins walking on treadmill and about 10 mins cross trainer

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: