Talk

Advanced search

New runner - can I ask a stupid question please?

(13 Posts)
SherlockHolmes Wed 25-May-11 21:08:46

I'm on week 5 of the Couch to 5K, which I'm doing on a treadmill. This is fine as I can watch telly at the same time. But when the time comes for me expose my flab to the world venture outside the house, I want to listen to music. So my question is this - where do I put my mp3 player? I have leggings (no pockets) and a vest (ditto). Does everyone carry a bumbag or something? Or can you get special holders for phones/ipods? Thanks for any advice.

BelovedCunt Wed 25-May-11 21:10:47

i have a thing that goes on my arm which works really well. get outside, running is more fun in the fresh air

BelovedCunt Wed 25-May-11 21:11:22

something like this

TheChewyToffeeMum Wed 25-May-11 21:12:29

I don't use music myself but have seen alot of my fellow runners using an armband to hold their ipod/phone like this:

www.amazon.co.uk/Navitech-Neoprene-Resistant-Jogging-Running/dp/B003LRCAOS/ref=sr_1_2?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1306354302&sr=1-2

Do make sure your music is quiet enough for you to be able to hear traffic around you.

mollycuddles Wed 25-May-11 21:15:07

I have an armband. Come and join us on the c25k thread where you'll meet a crowd of us doing the programme. A lot of them seem to use their bra but I'm happy with my armband smile

BelovedCunt Wed 25-May-11 21:18:42

i used to use my bra but i sweated an ipod to death

melliebobs Thu 26-May-11 08:21:07

i have a belkin ipod strap (you can get on amazon etc) that my ipod fits in. Then i can wear it on my bicep or forearm. Sometimes though i just carry iy for ease of access to skip rubbish tracks!

GoJoGo Thu 26-May-11 11:11:57

Hi i use a Urban Tool sportsholster - which goes over my shoulders i can put my keys in there as well
www.running4women.com/accessories/?product_page=2

SherlockHolmes Fri 27-May-11 09:43:37

Thanks for all your replies. I have ordered an armband as it looks like the cheapest easiest option. Beloved PMSL at sweating an iPod to death grin

fireblademum Sat 28-May-11 12:11:09

Chewy toffee - i only put one earphone in then i can hear traffic but i still get the benefit of my music. it works especially well on the newer ipod cos you can switch it to mono, but before i got that it was no great hardship to listen to one channel.

backwardpossom Sat 28-May-11 12:52:09

I've stuffed my iPod down my bra a few times, but it went a bit mental last time I did it, so wont be doing that again... I have an armband that works well. I just couldn't find it before I went out for that run! hmm

Clure Sun 05-Jun-11 16:29:56

I have an ipod shuffle, they are tiny and clip straight onto your bra strap or onto your running top

rookiemater Sun 05-Jun-11 17:37:57

I have an ipod shuffle too, they aren't too expensive ( under £40) and tiny I clip it onto my running shorts

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: