Talk

Advanced search

c25k and 30 day shred at the same time?

(6 Posts)
Tuggy Wed 18-May-11 20:22:45

I'm on week 5 of the C25K

I've read great things about the 30 day shred though... and I'm getting married in 2 months so panic setting in!

My question is can I do them both at the same time? My legs are normally a wee bit sore the day after my C25K run so I don't want to be aching from the shred and not be able to run?

I'm also quite a few stone overweight (BMI just tipped into obese) do you think this is a bit ambitious for my muscles? anyone doing both?

bluebump Wed 18-May-11 20:24:17

I think there are people on the C25K thread doing both, I am attempting to but doing a poor job at either at the moment!! Well done to getting to week 5 on the running, i'm still on week 3 after a long break.

Rassy Wed 18-May-11 20:28:36

How does it work if you do both? Do you either run or shred or do both shock? Do you have any rest days? Am training for a 10K and need to find a cross training exercise and am considering shreding. I run 3 times a week and was thinking shredding three days and having one rest day?

Tuggy Wed 18-May-11 20:37:40

thanks, I will have a look on the C25K thread

MerylStrop Thu 30-Jun-11 23:35:20

Did you come to any conclusions about this?
I want to do both but am afraid of expiring not sure if it will be too much
Been going to the gym but getting in a rut.

DontCallMeBaby Sun 03-Jul-11 19:19:06

I did both at the same time, but was, erm, creative in my timings! I only ran once a week, sometimes skipping ahead in C25K if I felt I was progressing fast enough (ie not always taking three weeks to do a week's worth, instead doing two weeks and then progressing to the next week). I shredded three times week, swam one night a week and did Zumba on a Saturday (Tuesdays were my day off!) There were one or two people on the Shred thread I was on at the time who would do a run and a shred in the same day, but I never had the time or inclination for it.

Shred is very ache-inducing the first couple of times, but mostly calms down a lot after that (the first days on Levels 2 and 3 didn't leave me in anything like the amount of pain I was in after starting Level 1).

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now