Talk

Advanced search

Les Mills' FitPro GroupEx Award

(4 Posts)
June2009 Mon 09-May-11 14:05:19

heya,

I'm looking into qualifying as a body combat instructor and I was wondering if anyone here has done the FitPro GroupEx Award? I think I would like to hear from someone who has done it to tell me it's not as scary as it sounds smile

mmsmum Wed 11-May-11 10:05:37

I'm ETM qualified about would love to do the BC training, if the GroupEx had been around when I did my ETM I would have done that instead. It is as scary as it sounds, there will be tears and there will be exhaustion but it's worth it and you'll love it.

Do you do Attack? The first part of the GroupEx is more like BA than BC because of the way you work to music and the moves you'd do. I think, but might be wrong, that you can do the BC training with a gym instructor qualification, but that limits you to Combat and Pump, you need ETM to do Attack, Step and freestyle classes.

I think you should go for it, just do it, whats the worst that can happen?

June2009 Wed 11-May-11 13:30:38

omg never considered tears in the mix!!! smile
Thanks for your message, I've never done attack no but I plan to look out for clubs that do it (and other les mills classes) locally and try it/them there if I can (but clubs round here charge £15 for apass...I need to find an instructor who can get me in for free.)
this groupex is for people who have no qualifications at all, I think after you have done this you still need to do the specific qualification for BC, or don't you? The groupex documentation does say to choose which program you want to do so maybe it is incorporated I don't know.
I'm going to have to call them to clarify because there is a strict timeframe for BC video assessment (12 weeks) so that would mean qualifying this year.
You need a letter from the club which says that they will offer you a class or cover classes once you have qualified and I haven't talked to them about it at all yet.

LC82 Thu 16-Jun-11 17:35:32

Hi there,
Lifetime has recently partnered with Les Mills to offer the FitPro GroupEx Award. This course consists of the Level 2 Certificate in Exercise to Music, you can then choose from either one or two Les Mills programmes, depending on which package you pick. Check out the website for more info: http://www.lifetimehf.co.uk/for-you/training-courses/fitpro-groupex-award-one-module

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now