Talk

Advanced search

Wii Zumba - anyone?

(16 Posts)
Ooopsadaisy Thu 14-Apr-11 15:30:15

Would you recommend it?

What are its good and bad points?

I love the little bit of Zumba I'm able to do but can't get to/afford classes.

I heard about this and thought about treating myself (an Easter gift????) ... I mean, treat the dcs ..... of course..... wink

hocuspontas Thu 14-Apr-11 15:31:50

Yes, I'm thinking about this as well. I enjoyed the classes but can't afford £5 each time.

Ooopsadaisy Thu 14-Apr-11 15:37:09

hocuspontas - let's just lurk about and see if anyone can advise us!

The best classes round here have waiting lists and there have been complaints about real overcrowding where you can't do the moves properly without crashing into someone else.

hocuspontas Thu 14-Apr-11 16:13:57

The one I attended was heaving. The instructor has classes running every evening now. People I know go 3 times a week. She's very good and I was wondering how much money she earns in a week! <nosey> 50 x £5 would make £250. The hall would be £30 max. So 5 sessions a week would gross £1100. Not bad for 5 hours work!

Ooopsadaisy Fri 15-Apr-11 14:01:49

Bumping this for myself and hocuspontas.

Wii Zumba - anyone .........??????????

Bumperlicioso Fri 15-Apr-11 14:56:46

Also interested

Ooopsadaisy Fri 15-Apr-11 15:24:23

Ok, people.

That's it.

I'm going to buy it.

Have the NHS on standby and the air ambulance ready to fly ..........

goldenticket Fri 15-Apr-11 15:27:10

I've bought it - is that good enough? grin

Have had one 10 min look at it and was well puffed out (am v unfit though). And it was difficult shock.

But looks to be just what I'm after as will be toned goddess after using it for a while by the looks of it (and with very twinkling feet).

HTH

hocuspontas Fri 15-Apr-11 15:48:55

I've just ordered it on Amazon because it seemed a bargain at £19.99 with free p & p. So I don't want anyone coming on now and saying it's rubbish. <narrows eyes>

mooloo Sat 16-Apr-11 19:20:37

Its only £14.98 from Game at the moment with free p&p

Pagwatch Sat 16-Apr-11 19:23:46

I got it for mothers day hmm

I tried it once with dd before we came here.

Fucking knackering ! and I do the gym and I shred.
it was quite fun though

I am hoping it will be forgotten about so I can hide it when I get home grin

abbie1985 Fri 06-May-11 02:19:35

zumba is absoloute rubbish dont bother. I gave up my usual routine for two months and put weight on with zumba!!! the instructors do the course in 2 days its rubbish if u want a body like a supermodel you basically have to cut sugar and carbs and eat a healthy diet of protein and veg, work out 3 times a week example 30 minutes cardio and 30 mins weights and you will look better than ANY zumba person what a load of rubbish!!! how do I know?! I am a dietcian studied a degree in my spare time plus have done high fashion modelling for 3 years, have done covers for Elle, Vogue ,Glamour magazine, Marie Claire, campaigns for Calvin Klein, Estee Lauder, Yves Saint Laurent, have modelled for D&G ,Vera Wang and Vivienne westwood, Please do not get sucked in by this crap. get rid of your excess fat by following a protein rich diet e,g prawn stir fry for lunch, chicken breast with peppers and mushrooms for dinner and work out to music doing 30 mins cardio and 30 mins weights. The zumba crap is a way for instructors to make a fortune by doing a weekend course and making it out to be a party and fun, sure its fun but thats all.. you would have to do it 7 days a week for 2 hours to look half decent xx

ETsmum Mon 09-May-11 19:12:43

And....breathe Abbie1985 smile

Another one here thinking about buying. Have done a handful of classes and loved it. I always figure that anything that gets me moving is better than just sitting on the sofa smile

Joolsy Tue 10-May-11 11:13:00

Sorry but what a load of rubbish abbie1985! As long as you do some sort of physical activity that gets you out of breath, it doesn't matter what it is. Obviously you need to eat a sensible balanced diet too. Regarding Zumba, all the regulars at the classes I go to are slim and toned.

musttryharder Tue 31-May-11 08:03:35

Ok I'm late to the party here but having done a couple of zumba classes and loved it (and I'm pretty fat and unfit) I thought the wii game would help with getting the hang of the basic routines/steps and I was right, not everyone is blessed with ability to pick up routines quickly and being able to practice the basics makes the class even more enjoyable. Abbie1985, it's the first "aerobic" class I have ever been to that made me smile all the way through which makes me want to do it all again, and if time wasn't an issue then I'd happily give up 2 hours a day as it's good for both my mental and physical health.

gettingolderbytheday Fri 03-Jun-11 10:53:38

The cheapest I can see it for is £22 - anyone know better?

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: