Talk

Advanced search

looking for 10k training schedule for begginer

(4 Posts)
CupcakeQueen Thu 30-Dec-10 22:03:02

i've googled and just can't find anything that spells it out for me. I need something that says how many minutes walking, running, how often, when to do it. Oh I know I could probably find something somewhere but I just know (and hope) that one of you lovely ladies will have a website on your favourites and you could post the link?!

I did have one on my last health kick which I got through one of the cancer research 10k run pages but there's now a different one.

Hope you can help. Thank you

putthehamsterbackinitscage Thu 30-Dec-10 22:13:19

There are loads out there....

Try googling couch to 5 k - podcasts etc available and apps for i phone or android - there is also a dedicated thread on here somewhere

Typically, Start off with 1 min running to 2 mins walking, repeat 6 times for 1st session, and gradually build up with 3 sessions per week - if you're reasonably fit/ in good health, it will take about 3 months to be ready for a 10k

Chinwag Thu 30-Dec-10 22:15:48

How about this?

www.bupa.co.uk/running/training/training-programme s/

CupcakeQueen Sat 01-Jan-11 21:59:31

Fantastic! Thank you so much, that was just what i was looking for Chinwag and I'm going to look on the iphone apps too Hamster.

thanks

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: