Talk

Advanced search

I dont want the cold weather to put me off. Can you rec a good/reasonably priced jacket to go running in

(9 Posts)
tiredemma Tue 23-Nov-10 16:50:32

as the title says really. I want to continue running but dont want to have the cold weather put me off.

Any suggestions?

anchovies Thu 25-Nov-10 22:55:37

Instead of a jacket I wear a baselayer under a normal top. I am a big fan of baselayers, they are very comfy, wick away sweat to keep you the right temperature and come in different warmness grades, I use helly Hanson "dry" nearly all year unless it's ridiculously cold when I use the "warm" one.

cumbria81 Fri 26-Nov-10 10:23:45

I wear two baselayers and a lightweight fleece. I also run with a bumbag type thing so that if I get hot I can store the layers away in that withuot it being cumbersome.

I find it works well. I feel the cold a lot but as I run first thing in the morning it's hard to gauge exactly what the temperature is so sometimes I can overdo it.

tiredemma Fri 26-Nov-10 20:57:22

Ive got a HH baselayer that I use for skiing- would that be ok?

Urbanvoltaire Sat 27-Nov-10 02:31:27

I wear a m&s thermal long sleeved top with a cotton long sleeved tshirt on top. Might need a hat this w-end though !

DrNortherner Sat 27-Nov-10 17:25:22

Same here, I just layer up. Normally wear a base layer a running top over this then my high vis gillet with headband and gloves.

Before long I am sweating!

Doyouthinktheysaurus Sat 27-Nov-10 17:46:53

I wear a nike thermal running top and leggings. Keeps me toasty.

I find that's all I need with hat and gloves and high vis thingey if I'm on the roads.

moondog Sat 27-Nov-10 17:49:58

i just run in a tshirt and leggings.
The cold gets me running faster.

cestlavie Mon 29-Nov-10 10:36:28

Same here. Have a Linebreak compression top which keeps me warm enough in all the very coldest weather. Traps air against your body but can still wick away moisture if you start getting too hot (I HATE getting too hot while running!).

Good pair of gloves makes a huge difference as well to how warm you feel overall.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: