Advanced search

Hell is ever closer part 4 - the return of the tin opener

(556 Posts)
flouncyfanny Mon 04-Nov-19 17:58:19

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

NoWordForFluffy Mon 04-Nov-19 18:02:51

Hurrah!

Thanking you. 😁

I bought more Christmas snacks today: lebkuchen and pretzel mix. They'll go upstairs so I don't eat them!

I also got two mini bite tubs from M&S as I got a free one for my birthday, so they were only £1 each.

M&S have different types of boxed biscuits this year. Might go back for the Belgian ones tomorrow!

flouncyfanny Mon 04-Nov-19 18:14:44

BercowsPoliticalPumpkin Mon 04-Nov-19 18:15:59

I can confirm that the Tesco version of the M&S chocolate box of biscuits is almost as good. I don't think it had the same variety but many were the same. I used Halloween as an excuse to trial them grin

flouncyfanny Mon 04-Nov-19 18:18:46

BercowsPoliticalPumpkin Mon 04-Nov-19 18:18:49

The Ellesmere Port M&S is awesome although to be fair I haven't been since it first opened and we went to get dd some boots as it was the only store to have any in her size. Might have been 2012 as I went with now ex-FIL. Handforth Dean is our nearest and I do like it as right next to tesco smile

flouncyfanny Mon 04-Nov-19 18:25:43

ArseDarkly Mon 04-Nov-19 18:41:09

Just popping in to agree that Tesco's posh choc box biscuits are nearly as nice as M&S

flouncyfanny Mon 04-Nov-19 18:45:31

EmmaGrundyForPM Mon 04-Nov-19 18:48:52

thanks for the new thread

flouncyfanny Mon 04-Nov-19 18:54:33

ArseDarkly Mon 04-Nov-19 19:00:19

blimey your Mum's well posh flouncy! I don't think the word 'doily' has been uttered in our family for well over 30 years! grin

flouncyfanny Mon 04-Nov-19 19:03:26

ArseDarkly Mon 04-Nov-19 19:09:45

Aww, I had a vision of a regal figure handing round the fake M&S - RIP flouncy's mum. My Nan used to get out lace doilies not paper ones - deluxe! In those innocent days we thought pink wafer biscuits were the pinnacle..

HoneyandSpice Mon 04-Nov-19 19:14:28

Hi all. Thanks for the new thread flouncyfanny I'm rather intrigued as to your doily stencilling shed idea!

I've decided I'm boycotting M&S. So no Christmas treats for me from them. However, my ex partner (still good friends) works for a local firm here in the North East, and they actually make their tea for them as well as other things. So I have a supply of stuff that keeps me ticking over anyway.

NoWordForFluffy Hope you are ok. That other thread can be very intimidating sometimes. And moves so quickly, that I've actually given up trying to follow. wouldnt be half as bad if every other person didn't PMK

OhYouBadBadKitten November is definitely starting out the way you said it would. I hate rain. And my conservatory is leaking so it's a PITA!

havingtochangeusernameagain Mon 04-Nov-19 19:18:26

I don't get the PMK thing. This isn't Facebook, you don't get notifications about threads you've commented on. Or do you? I only use the website version so I don't know but I just come to the Brexit and other boards and find the threads I am interested in.

If there are 1000 posts on a thread the notifications could get very annoying...

I'm eating my stockpile at the moment, if BJ wins the election I'll start a new one for Jan 2021.

flouncyfanny Mon 04-Nov-19 19:19:05

HoneyandSpice Mon 04-Nov-19 19:21:00

havingtochangeusernameagain Exactly.
In fact, the Christmas thread always states no need to Placemark. As you can just go to watched threads. Which is what I do.
I think it screams a bit of self importance and is a bit of a cliquey thread anyway sure they will love me for that!

flouncyfanny Mon 04-Nov-19 19:28:39

ArseDarkly Mon 04-Nov-19 19:28:58

PP started a thread yesterday at the same time as another 'enders thread was created so it's not really getting used - I suggested it could be like a breathing space thread if anyone's finding the main one a bit too full-on?

Dontlickthetrolley Mon 04-Nov-19 19:51:27

I've got pink wafers in my stash, although they've been hijacked and are now called Pink Panther wafers.

I have had an epic day of clearing out, my stash can now be moved to it's permanent position under the stairs and my loft has been boarded so there's a lot to go up there too. Realised today I need coffee and tea for the stash, I don't drink either but when I noticed the coffee was dated April 2018 and the tea July 2019 I hung my head in shame and apologised to the builders who I'd offered drinks too!

NoWordForFluffy Mon 04-Nov-19 19:59:27

@ArseDarkly, that thread had some horrible bullying in it. I'm not sure it's a safe space!

I love pink wafers. They're a bit drying, however!

Honey, why are you boycotting M&S. I stalk the booze section a few times a week as I'm waiting for their own brand Irish cream to go to half price again!

flouncyfanny Mon 04-Nov-19 20:01:07

flouncyfanny Mon 04-Nov-19 20:06:46

HoneyandSpice Mon 04-Nov-19 20:07:47

Fluffy I agree. That thread has already been infiltrated by an 'I'm not confrontational really' person.

I'm boycotting M&S for their recent decision to allow men into the female changing rooms. Including lingerie / bra fitting ones.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »