Erasmus update for students

(7 Posts)
OhYouBadBadKitten Mon 19-Aug-19 18:55:27

The government have update their Erasmus information for Brexit

Hope the link works

OhYouBadBadKitten Mon 19-Aug-19 18:55:56

www.gov.uk/guidance/studying-in-the-european-union-after-brexit

BubblesBuddy Tue 20-Aug-19 00:04:50

Students who are abroad on 1 November should be able to continue their placements. SHOULD? Great news then!? Clear as mud isn’t it?

OhYouBadBadKitten Tue 20-Aug-19 06:59:36

It's a worry isn't it.

AuldAlliance Wed 21-Aug-19 10:34:08

No mention of incoming EU students on exchange in the UK and whether they'll have access to healthcare after Nov 1st, how their status will be handled as they are not actually resident, etc.
I have no idea what to tell my students who have bought plane tickets, put down deposits on accommodation in the UK, etc. for next semester.

OhYouBadBadKitten Wed 21-Aug-19 10:37:14

Bloody hell Auld.

AuldAlliance Wed 21-Aug-19 10:42:20

I'm so ashamed to be British just now. Lots of our students are from modest backgrounds and for the last year or two they have been working long hours alongside their studies to help fund one or two semesters abroad.
And now there is no information whatever as to whether it's feasible for them to go to the UK. They're not even mentioned on the website, it's all about UK citizens and as you said, the use of the modal verb is worrying...

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »