Talk

Advanced search

They’re recruiting for Border Force Officials

(5 Posts)
WrongKindOfFace Tue 30-Jul-19 07:51:12

79 permanent ones and 263 apprentices on 18 month contracts. Bear in mind that the recruitment is a long process I can’t quite see them being in place for October. (I know someone who was offered a job as a border force official - there was the application, interview, security clearance, they had to interview his family etc. 18 months on he was still awaiting a start date. He gave up in the end.

probstimeforanewname Tue 30-Jul-19 09:28:11

To be fair, they need those, Brexit or no Brexit. The queues at Heathrow and the like can be horrendous.

I think the idea was also that EEA+CH citizens would remain eligible to use the e-gates, along with US/Canada/Australia/New Zealand nationals being made eligible (I can't remember the exact details but I remember there was some talk of extending e-gate use to other countries).

WrongKindOfFace Tue 30-Jul-19 10:26:39

Yes, they most likely do need them. I just can’t see them being in place by Brexit. It’s almost as if nobody thought about it...

StellaBoo Sun 25-Aug-19 16:21:44

Has anyone here applied? I have a question about the application!

drivingtofrance Sun 25-Aug-19 16:23:26

Seems a little late in the day

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »