Page 12 | What are the real tangible benefits of the UK leaving the EU ?

(290 Posts)
frumpety Wed 03-Jul-19 07:43:35

I assume there must be at least a couple, things that can be said with certainty, that will improve the lives of UK citizens. I am not talking about the 'feelings' stuff like sovereignty, I mean if the UK leaves the EU , X will happen and this will automatically improve the lives of the majority of the people in the UK. There has to be at least one ?

OP’s posts: |
LifeContinues Mon 08-Jul-19 14:48:43

Seem to remember Misti was looking to buy or has already bought a house in France? Or was that someone else.

So LeClec is not in UK as well?

Bearbehind Mon 08-Jul-19 14:50:10

copper they live in the EU. And they both argue their position using facts and evidence - something life is incapable of.

Are you sure you have a masters degree as you really don’t seem capable of joining the dots here?

bellinisurge Mon 08-Jul-19 14:56:49

No, I don't tell them to fuck off because they live in the EU. If a non-UK but EU resident posted something positive about Leave, I would give them the courtesy of considering their opinion. If someone doesn't live here or in the EU and will not be directly affected by Brexit , their opinion automatically is less relevant.

1tisILeClerc Mon 08-Jul-19 15:06:33

Yes I live in the EU and so does my DC that I support in another EU country.
So far the Brexit shit has already devalued my life savings by some 6% and is a constant worry about losing my house and ability to live where I want down to fuckwits who can't come up with a tangible reason for the UK to leave. I voted to remain as there were no real positives to leaving and as can be seen on these threads, the real things, rather than the ethereal or hyper theoretical (such as the ultimate law making capability) won't put food on people's tables.
of course 'day to day' law is FULLY under UK legislation, so unless you are into international crime the only people knocking on your door will be UK police.

1tisILeClerc Mon 08-Jul-19 15:10:23

{ the real things, rather than the ethereal or hyper theoretical (such as the ultimate law making capability) won't put food on people's tables.}
That got 'back to front.
The real things DO put food on the table (obviously). I find virtual food a bit unsatisfying.

LifeContinues Mon 08-Jul-19 15:49:56

Facts and Evidence

Facts are;

17.4 Million voted leave even after hearing from the remain campaign that UK would be worse off.

There are not 17.4 Million wealthy people who will be cushioned if UK becomes worse off.

The above two facts leads to the conclusion that those who voted leave did so on factors not related to money. A point that Copper was making.

Evidence

Remain supporters claim they have evidence of what is certain to happen in the future even though Brexit has not yet happened nor has any other EU member left the Union. They attempt to use hindsight examples of events that have happened many times in the past in an attempt to prove they know what the future holds. Examples have included cars being driven into trees, diarrhoea, jumping off a cliff without parachute and so on.

Ask them why, if they can forecast the future with certainty, they are not cleaning up on the stock market every day by placing bets which can’t lose based on what they know for certain will happen in the future and there is never a reply.

Mistigri Mon 08-Jul-19 15:54:21

Remain supporters claim they have evidence of what is certain to happen in the future

We can certainly predict some things with cast iron certainly, because they are a matter of EU law. For eg we know what border controls will look like in a hard Brexit.

Bearbehind Mon 08-Jul-19 16:18:11

life your arguments don’t reflect any of the realities of the last 3 years. You constantly just revert back to the referendum itself which is tedious and pointless.

And I’d still love to know what is so lacking in your life that you feel the needs to spend hours and hours arguing, with mainly women, about something that doesn’t even affect you.

Ohdearthefootball Mon 08-Jul-19 19:45:59

Principles are all very well and good but money really does matter sadly when it comes to running a country efficiently - less money, fewer tax receipts, fewer services. Money matters - principles won't staff the NHS.

frumpety Mon 08-Jul-19 21:05:55

There are not 17.4 Million wealthy people who will be cushioned if UK becomes worse off.

To be fair I think you could probably safely increase that number to at least 60 million. Of course they should all be ready to pay any sacrifice for a transient feeling of 'freedom', so 17.4 million don't have to bare any responsibility for any actual tangible worseoffness.

OP’s posts: |
CardinalSin Mon 08-Jul-19 21:57:43

Maybe those 17.4 million should be ready to sell all their worldly goods to help everyone else who is negatively effected by Brexit. I'm sure they will all think that it's worth it for the feelz...

LifeContinues Tue 09-Jul-19 00:44:03

Maybe those 17.4 million should be ready to sell all their worldly goods to help everyone else who is negatively effected by Brexit. I'm sure they will all think that it's worth it for the feelz

Another thread ended up in foolishness

bellinisurge Tue 09-Jul-19 06:09:32

Odd to think that is LifeContinues definition of foolishness. Good riddance. Until he gets a new username and starts again.

Mistigri Tue 09-Jul-19 07:51:46

That outburst was from Mr. Brexit-Is-a-suicide-bomb. You couldn't make it up.

Anyway hopefully his shill-masters have despatched him to pastures new.

Bearbehind Tue 09-Jul-19 09:39:29

I just commented on another thread how funny our Far East friends flounce was - after all the guff he’s posted, to flounce over that is hysterical.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in