Talk

Advanced search

Is anyone on here a Tory party member?

(56 Posts)
EmmaGrundyForPM Wed 26-Jun-19 07:52:20

If so, will you be voting for Johnson or Hunt?

My friends and colleagues are all debating this but none of us are Tory party members so we wont have any say. I then realised I dont actually know any Tory party members to ask them.

So if there are any on here please can you tell us who gets your vote.

SalrycLuxx Mon 01-Jul-19 11:33:41

I used to be. Quit when TM told me I was a citizen of nowhere.

I would vote for Boris though. If I still had a vote.

PerkingFaintly Mon 01-Jul-19 11:47:45

I was in the park where the infamous zip wire photo was taken the day before. Guess what, there were a load of minions trying out the zip wire and making sure it would stop where they wanted it to!! SO all staged

That would astonish me Doubletrouble99... except I've recently read the same thing about Johnson's "off the cuff", "bumbling" speeches.

Turns out he has a canned speech which he delivers time after time, in which he pretends to have forgotten to prepare a speech and to be ad libbing.

Johnson's working very hard to present a fake front.

viccat Mon 01-Jul-19 11:57:12

Yes, been a member for a few years. Hunt all the way but would have voted for anyone who isn't Boris. Actually considering cutting up my membership card and leaving the party if Boris wins.

Totally appalled at the state of politics in general at the moment though; I'm a remainer and feel Brexit is going to be extremely damaging.

EmmaGrundyForPM Mon 01-Jul-19 19:19:08

Thanks everyone for being so honest. As a left-winger who doesn't have any friends who are Tory party members (or not that they are admitting to!) This is really interesting. It's all very well for me and my friends to discuss who we think should be PM out of Hunt and Johnson, but it's not people like us who will decide.

I'm.really glad this hasn't descended into a slanging match either. I think that whatever peoples political differences, it's important to acknowledge that we all have the right to Express them I'm very tired of the Brexit threads starting out well and then ending in a bunfight.

Iggly Mon 01-Jul-19 19:23:58

Boris isn’t actually a staunch brexiteer.

He was flip flopping about which one to punt for - he’s chosen Brexit because it’s the best way for him to make PM.

So I’m not sure why people think he’s that wedded to the idea.

He had the chance in cabinet to drive Brexit and he did fuck all to make it happen!

Coppersulphate Mon 01-Jul-19 21:23:16

And thank you Emma for respecting people's views. I really appreciate it.
We should be civilised enough to discuss matters without being nasty. I respect you for ensuring that this happened on this thread.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »