Talk

Advanced search

Leavers rejoice

(1000 Posts)
Coppersulphate Mon 13-May-19 11:01:38

The Brexit Party are doing really well in the polls. I just hope they do as well in the election.
I think their slogan should be "Tell them again".
I would like to see a clean sweep of Brexiteers but I know that is not going to happen.
I have sent off my postal vote.

AudacityOfHope Mon 13-May-19 13:19:10

@DontMakeMeShushYou grin

Cobblersandhogwash Mon 13-May-19 13:52:44

Is this a young Farage marching with the then NF's Martin Webster (later BNP)?

Aw. Proud to have voted for your little white supremacist?

PortiaCastis Mon 13-May-19 14:03:21

We are electing 72 MEPs to the EU Parliament out of a total of 705 MEPs feck all to do with Westminster Parliament as not a general election OP although granted farridge and co may get a few seats to say up yours to May but then what, sitting in a Parliament you've got no time for is a complete waste of time and a bit dim as potentially could only be there for a few weeks and won't change an iota of anything or in layman's terms sweet feck all!
Crazy crazy crazy days

bellinisurge Mon 13-May-19 14:07:09

Op, do you seriously think, after everything that's happened and is happening that "rejoice " is the right word? A lot of people are with you. A lot of people are not. Do you think that this kind of talk will bring people onside. Or do you just not give a fuck?

Cobblersandhogwash Mon 13-May-19 14:12:04

Of course Leavers don't give a fuck.

They are in a cult. Cult members only give a fuck about their cult.

bellinisurge Mon 13-May-19 14:16:38

That's the thing, @Cobblersandhogwash , isn't it?
Leave didn't convince me before. And being swivel eyed and triumphalist isn't going to win me over now. I'm open to compromise to get this wretched thing done provided the GFA is protected. I'm the sort of person they should be trying to win over.
But this "rejoice" crap - which is too resonant of Thatcher rejoicing in the deaths of young men - just turns me right off compromise.

NameChangeNugget Mon 13-May-19 14:23:02

They are in a cult. Cult members only give a fuck about their cult

And their leader is a complete and utter cult

ReleaseTheBats Mon 13-May-19 14:24:22

Is this a young Farage marching with the then NF's Martin Webster (later BNP)?

Interesting phrasing Cobblersandhogwash

Does it mean "Here's a photo of someone who might look like NF when young next to Martin Webster but I have no evidence that it is"? Talk about fake news.

ReleaseTheBats Mon 13-May-19 14:26:15

So 17.4 million people are a cult? And the huge number who are planning to vote for the Brexit Party? All a cult? It's a big cult, isn't it?

Cobblersandhogwash Mon 13-May-19 14:31:24

No @ReleaseTheBats it's a question.

Cobblersandhogwash Mon 13-May-19 14:32:14

No @ReleaseTheBats not all Leavers are in the cult.

Just those who don't care that Brexit will cause damage to our country.

No poll says Leave is now the majority by the way.

NoBaggyPants Mon 13-May-19 14:32:41

I can't understand why anyone so anti EU would want to be an MEP.

That moans about the EU being unelected but then stands for election to the EU.

That moans about all the money the EU wastes on beaurocrats but then wants to be one of those beaurocrats.

Anyone?

Cobblersandhogwash Mon 13-May-19 14:33:37

@ReleaseTheBats how can you construe a question as anything other than a question?

You are amusing.

PortiaCastis Mon 13-May-19 14:34:03

A very gracious welcome

metro.co.uk/2019/05/11/fish-thrown-at-ukip-candidate-carl-benjamin-after-he-tweeted-about-raping-jess-phillips-9499074/

Cobblersandhogwash Mon 13-May-19 14:35:59

@NoBaggyPants of course Fartgage wants to be an MEP.

He gets paid for doing feck all.

He has a very low attendance record. https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2018/jan/12/nigel-farage-eu-salary-docked-claim-misspent-public-funds

bellinisurge Mon 13-May-19 14:36:32

@ReleaseTheBats , if all the 17.4 million people are wandering around refusing to listen to everyone, worshipping Faridge, a not giving a shit about anyone who doesn't agree with them, then yes, they are in a cult. I'm a Catholic. I've lived in Soviet Russia, I know what cults look and sound like.
If, as I suspect, the 17.4 million people have a range of reasons for voting Leave, had to hold their nose a bit but think they made the right choice, wish they could find common ground with people who didn't, realise there was a lot of snake oil salesman lies that went on, that's not a cult.

ReleaseTheBats Mon 13-May-19 14:38:57

Ah it was just a question? Which then lead on to NF being a white supremacist? Yes, yes, of course it was 😬

bellinisurge Mon 13-May-19 14:40:02

If you make this all about Nige, you are a sucker. And an unpatriotic one at that.

ReleaseTheBats Mon 13-May-19 14:41:27

bellinisurge I agree with you, it's the second. There were lies on both sides, and people who voted leave were no more duped or conned or brainwashed than people who voted remain.

bellinisurge Mon 13-May-19 14:45:07

If it makes you feel better to think both sides were equally duped, you carry on thinking it.hmm

AudacityOfHope Mon 13-May-19 14:45:47

I'm not a fan of the cult thing, or saying all Brexiteers are thick, whatever it is.

The problem is - how else do we understand the phenomenon of voting for something that is very likely to do you, your family and your friends real harm?

bellinisurge Mon 13-May-19 14:49:32

Not everyone is triumphalist about their position. It's the hardcore of triumphalism that is scary. Because it's hard to accept your fanaticism is based on fairy tales. And people react badly to finding out they were conned.
Not everyone was conned. Plenty of people voted Leave with their eyes wide open. And they are the ever diminishing voice of compromise.

Cobblersandhogwash Mon 13-May-19 14:50:37

@ReleaseTheBats what did NF represent?

Could it be Farage in the photo?

Would you care if it were him?

Why does Fartage have links with Steve Bannon?

Theworldisfullofgs Mon 13-May-19 14:51:18

You forget yourself.

Likely to do yourself harm.

That's the stark reality. Not in theory. More than possibility, more than probability. Reality.

Cobblersandhogwash Mon 13-May-19 14:51:49

NF as in the National Front.

This thread is not accepting new messages.