Talk

Advanced search

Leavers rejoice

(1000 Posts)
Coppersulphate Mon 13-May-19 11:01:38

The Brexit Party are doing really well in the polls. I just hope they do as well in the election.
I think their slogan should be "Tell them again".
I would like to see a clean sweep of Brexiteers but I know that is not going to happen.
I have sent off my postal vote.

AnneLovesGilbert Mon 13-May-19 11:10:13

What can they do though? The EU has been clear the deal on the table is the only deal on offer. MEPs can’t make no deal happen. Whatever happens in Brussels, it’s the MPs at Westminster who have to decide and agree what happens in October which won’t be influenced by whomever we end up with as MEPs. Or are you hoping it makes a GE more likely?

1tisILeClerc Mon 13-May-19 11:11:56

So which bits of the manifesto really swayed your choice?
Which of the fishing ports is he going to revitalise first?

bellinisurge Mon 13-May-19 11:38:18

Let's tell them again we don't give a shit about GFA! Hurray!

themueslicamel Mon 13-May-19 11:52:12

OP, I am with you as do many are.

Westminster has it coming.

1tisILeClerc Mon 13-May-19 12:03:26

themueslicamel
So where is your list of great things the Brexit party are going to achieve?
You do realise that actually leaving is the START of massive problems as there will be no legally binding trade deals written with anybody. So far it is all 'warm words' and no concrete plan.

Peregrina Mon 13-May-19 12:21:47

This is a puzzle - the EU is supposed to be run by unelected bureaucrats, so does it matter that the Brexit party is doing well in the opinion polls. They probably won't bother to turn up if they do get elected.

Cobblersandhogwash Mon 13-May-19 12:23:26

That EU is a right dictatorship. And you even get to vote for your representative. 🙄

I would never vote for someone who didn't have a clear manifesto though. I'm not dumb.

Coppersulphate Mon 13-May-19 12:37:21

The Remainers in Parliament will get the message that the majority of people in this country want to leave the EU.
I realise this is not popular on MN which is heavily Remain but the trouble is the MPs are Remain and the people want to Leave.
Let's wait and see what the election brings.

Buscake Mon 13-May-19 12:39:58

the people want to Leave

You’re using present tense there. No opinion poll shows people want to leave now. Do you think it’s sensible to throw your full support behind a political party that refuses to state who funds it?

PortiaCastis Mon 13-May-19 12:43:45

A single issue party other than stupid bloody brexit what are their policies?

bellinisurge Mon 13-May-19 12:44:04

I got my Brexshit Party thing through the post. Hurray! Because I was running out of toilet paper.

AudacityOfHope Mon 13-May-19 12:46:19

The majority don't want to leave the EU, not in any poll I've seen in, I don't know, over a year.

You may want to commit economic and cultural suicide but at least don't pretend you're upholding the view of the nation or anything else you think sounds noble.

Theworldisfullofgs Mon 13-May-19 12:49:17

Westminter has it coming

But does the rest of the country?

PortiaCastis Mon 13-May-19 12:50:42

The people want to leave
No I don't you don't speak for me or my dd who has gained the vote since the referendum, she can see the damage brexshit will do to business and service industries at her young age

PortiaCastis Mon 13-May-19 12:51:47

What exactly does Westminster have coming?

Peregrina Mon 13-May-19 12:57:22

I think you could say that the Tory party has it coming.
Is that a pity for Theresa May? Do I start weeping crocodile tears? Her first love appears to be the Tory party, she's accommodated the Brexiters as much as she is able to, and all she is likely to get is the destruction of the party that she is dedicated to.

AudacityOfHope Mon 13-May-19 12:57:29

@PortiaCastis it's the delightful threatening tone the Brexiteers like to take, in full knowledge that a woman just like us who was an MP, was gunned down in the street a couple of years ago by one of them.

In the knowledge that Anna Soubry sometimes can't go home and that Jess Phillips is subject to constant rape threats.

RafaIsTheKingOfClay Mon 13-May-19 12:57:38

and the people want to Leave.

It’s really bloody difficult to take and leavers seriously when you start mindlessly spouting this shit. Leaving aside the legality of the referendum result, very nearly half the people don’t want to leave and the ref was nearly 3 years ago, so it’s not necessarily true at this point that it is what the people want.

Unless you can come up with some well considered arguments why we should be leaving rather than soundbite politics, you’re not going to get that clean sweep you asked for.

Peregrina Mon 13-May-19 13:02:31

was gunned down in the street a couple of years ago by one of them.

And their pal Farage, who they can't get enough of, had the gall to say that the Brexit vote was achieved 'without a shot being fired'. Don't deny it Leavers, that is what he said. He also extolled the virtues of Norway, he also wants an insurance based NHS - all stuff that he is trying to make you forget now. The man is a charlatan, but if you want to vote for a charlatan that is your right, it's a democracy after all.

1tisILeClerc Mon 13-May-19 13:02:44

Coppersulphate
{MPs are Remain and the people want to Leave.}
So, yet again, what are your plans for when you have left?
Where are you going to? Have you packed your sandwiches yet?

SilentSister Mon 13-May-19 13:03:28

Looking at the polls in the link below, I would say that the country is still as equally split on what it wants as it was in the original referendum. Every poll, however the question is asked, is too close to call.

whatukthinks.org/eu/opinion-polls/uk-poll-results/

PortiaCastis Mon 13-May-19 13:04:31

Agreed Audacity
Thing is those uneducated lowlifes who threaten women are worshipped by some, but down here in Cornwall that abusive twat Benjamin was left with no uncertainty how we felt last week.

Bearbehind Mon 13-May-19 13:12:38

Rejoice because the man who told you it would all be fine before is saying the same thing 3 years on and you don’t even think to question that or anything that’s happened in between?

Hardly cause for celebration is it?

DontMakeMeShushYou Mon 13-May-19 13:18:22

the trouble is the MPs are Remain and the people want to Leave.

So remind me again how electing Brexit Party MEPs will solve this conundrum.

AudacityOfHope Mon 13-May-19 13:19:10

@DontMakeMeShushYou grin

Cobblersandhogwash Mon 13-May-19 13:52:44

Is this a young Farage marching with the then NF's Martin Webster (later BNP)?

Aw. Proud to have voted for your little white supremacist?

PortiaCastis Mon 13-May-19 14:03:21

We are electing 72 MEPs to the EU Parliament out of a total of 705 MEPs feck all to do with Westminster Parliament as not a general election OP although granted farridge and co may get a few seats to say up yours to May but then what, sitting in a Parliament you've got no time for is a complete waste of time and a bit dim as potentially could only be there for a few weeks and won't change an iota of anything or in layman's terms sweet feck all!
Crazy crazy crazy days

bellinisurge Mon 13-May-19 14:07:09

Op, do you seriously think, after everything that's happened and is happening that "rejoice " is the right word? A lot of people are with you. A lot of people are not. Do you think that this kind of talk will bring people onside. Or do you just not give a fuck?

Cobblersandhogwash Mon 13-May-19 14:12:04

Of course Leavers don't give a fuck.

They are in a cult. Cult members only give a fuck about their cult.

bellinisurge Mon 13-May-19 14:16:38

That's the thing, @Cobblersandhogwash , isn't it?
Leave didn't convince me before. And being swivel eyed and triumphalist isn't going to win me over now. I'm open to compromise to get this wretched thing done provided the GFA is protected. I'm the sort of person they should be trying to win over.
But this "rejoice" crap - which is too resonant of Thatcher rejoicing in the deaths of young men - just turns me right off compromise.

NameChangeNugget Mon 13-May-19 14:23:02

They are in a cult. Cult members only give a fuck about their cult

And their leader is a complete and utter cult

ReleaseTheBats Mon 13-May-19 14:24:22

Is this a young Farage marching with the then NF's Martin Webster (later BNP)?

Interesting phrasing Cobblersandhogwash

Does it mean "Here's a photo of someone who might look like NF when young next to Martin Webster but I have no evidence that it is"? Talk about fake news.

ReleaseTheBats Mon 13-May-19 14:26:15

So 17.4 million people are a cult? And the huge number who are planning to vote for the Brexit Party? All a cult? It's a big cult, isn't it?

Cobblersandhogwash Mon 13-May-19 14:31:24

No @ReleaseTheBats it's a question.

Cobblersandhogwash Mon 13-May-19 14:32:14

No @ReleaseTheBats not all Leavers are in the cult.

Just those who don't care that Brexit will cause damage to our country.

No poll says Leave is now the majority by the way.

NoBaggyPants Mon 13-May-19 14:32:41

I can't understand why anyone so anti EU would want to be an MEP.

That moans about the EU being unelected but then stands for election to the EU.

That moans about all the money the EU wastes on beaurocrats but then wants to be one of those beaurocrats.

Anyone?

Cobblersandhogwash Mon 13-May-19 14:33:37

@ReleaseTheBats how can you construe a question as anything other than a question?

You are amusing.

PortiaCastis Mon 13-May-19 14:34:03

A very gracious welcome

metro.co.uk/2019/05/11/fish-thrown-at-ukip-candidate-carl-benjamin-after-he-tweeted-about-raping-jess-phillips-9499074/

Cobblersandhogwash Mon 13-May-19 14:35:59

@NoBaggyPants of course Fartgage wants to be an MEP.

He gets paid for doing feck all.

He has a very low attendance record. https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2018/jan/12/nigel-farage-eu-salary-docked-claim-misspent-public-funds

bellinisurge Mon 13-May-19 14:36:32

@ReleaseTheBats , if all the 17.4 million people are wandering around refusing to listen to everyone, worshipping Faridge, a not giving a shit about anyone who doesn't agree with them, then yes, they are in a cult. I'm a Catholic. I've lived in Soviet Russia, I know what cults look and sound like.
If, as I suspect, the 17.4 million people have a range of reasons for voting Leave, had to hold their nose a bit but think they made the right choice, wish they could find common ground with people who didn't, realise there was a lot of snake oil salesman lies that went on, that's not a cult.

ReleaseTheBats Mon 13-May-19 14:38:57

Ah it was just a question? Which then lead on to NF being a white supremacist? Yes, yes, of course it was 😬

bellinisurge Mon 13-May-19 14:40:02

If you make this all about Nige, you are a sucker. And an unpatriotic one at that.

ReleaseTheBats Mon 13-May-19 14:41:27

bellinisurge I agree with you, it's the second. There were lies on both sides, and people who voted leave were no more duped or conned or brainwashed than people who voted remain.

bellinisurge Mon 13-May-19 14:45:07

If it makes you feel better to think both sides were equally duped, you carry on thinking it.hmm

AudacityOfHope Mon 13-May-19 14:45:47

I'm not a fan of the cult thing, or saying all Brexiteers are thick, whatever it is.

The problem is - how else do we understand the phenomenon of voting for something that is very likely to do you, your family and your friends real harm?

bellinisurge Mon 13-May-19 14:49:32

Not everyone is triumphalist about their position. It's the hardcore of triumphalism that is scary. Because it's hard to accept your fanaticism is based on fairy tales. And people react badly to finding out they were conned.
Not everyone was conned. Plenty of people voted Leave with their eyes wide open. And they are the ever diminishing voice of compromise.

Cobblersandhogwash Mon 13-May-19 14:50:37

@ReleaseTheBats what did NF represent?

Could it be Farage in the photo?

Would you care if it were him?

Why does Fartage have links with Steve Bannon?

Theworldisfullofgs Mon 13-May-19 14:51:18

You forget yourself.

Likely to do yourself harm.

That's the stark reality. Not in theory. More than possibility, more than probability. Reality.

Cobblersandhogwash Mon 13-May-19 14:51:49

NF as in the National Front.

BackInTime Mon 13-May-19 14:58:45

I can't understand why anyone so anti EU would want to be an MEP.
That moans about the EU being unelected but then stands for election to the EU.

That moans about all the money the EU wastes on beaurocrats but then wants to be one of those*
^
This

I keep asking these questions and never get an answer. Why send MEPs to Europe on a jolly that do not want to participate or act in the interest of their constituents. I mentioned to a colleague that Farage had one of the lowest attendance records at the EU parliament but is one of the highest paid and they wouldn't have it. In fact they were under some illusion that he didn't actually take his salary as an MEP hmm

RafaIsTheKingOfClay Mon 13-May-19 15:00:45

It’s explained by the lies and propaganda, Audacity. I don’t think believing many of those things makes you think. The anti-EU bias in the media has been going on for much longer than the referendum campaign and remain did a pretty piss-poor job of providing a pro-EU argument or sentiment.

Given that background, I don’t know how far you can blame people for coming down a giants it when asked to pick between remain and leave.

Theworldisfullofgs Mon 13-May-19 15:11:12

Honda just confirmed it is closing the Swindon plant with a loss of 3500 jobs.

So much to rejoice.

Coppersulphate Mon 13-May-19 15:11:54

I didn't say anybody had anything coming.

The only policy that I am interested in at present is Brexit and the fact that the Remain MPs, even those with Leave voting constituencies, are trying to stop it.
That is why I have voted for the Brexit party with my postal vote. (I have a postal vote because I am away a lot).

1tisILeClerc Mon 13-May-19 15:12:10

From the Metro, having looked at the link posted upthread:

{HS2 ‘on the verge of passing point of no return’}

What is the use of HS2 if you can't come back again? A plot to increase the population in the North* perhaps?

*North being Bedford or wherever the money runs out.

Why did they throw whole fish when a bucket of fish guts would have been better?

1tisILeClerc Mon 13-May-19 15:15:07

{That is why I have voted for the Brexit party with my postal vote. (I have a postal vote because I am away a lot).}

I hope it is not 'abroad' where there are foreigners and people with open viewpoints.

Coppersulphate Mon 13-May-19 15:21:22

Blimey, that's got you lot going!
The Brexit party are way ahead in the last two polls. That is why I said they are doing well.
I just wish some of you could respond with being so rude and insulting. And there is no point in misquoting me.
I find it amusing that you call leavers "lowlife" and then use language that I would associate with lowlife.

bellinisurge Mon 13-May-19 15:23:58

@Coppersulphate , there is only one reason Brexit hasn't got through Parliament yet - the backstop. It was the plan to have Brexit but to respect the GFA. There's a majority in Parliament for Brexit and some undefined alternative to the backstop.
So .... what's your alternative to the backstop that still accords with our GFA obligations. It is down to that. And not a single one of them has come up with something MPs can get behind. Maybe you have an idea?

Coppersulphate Mon 13-May-19 15:24:02

LeClerc,
You have a completely closed viewpoint " the EU is wonderful".
You live in one of the EU 27 and are concerned about your freedom of movement. I don't believe you care what the average person here thinks.

bellinisurge Mon 13-May-19 15:25:31

And @Coppersulphate , what's your alternative to the backstop. Enough wittering in about old battles.

Coppersulphate Mon 13-May-19 15:32:18

Bellini, can you show me where in the text of the GFA is the commitment to an open border between the North and the Republic? It mentions security but a guarantee of a continuing open border? Where ?

PortiaCastis Mon 13-May-19 15:45:01

The only policy I'm voting for is Brexit
You are voting / have voted in an EU election to put a candidate in the EU Parliament so how is that Brexit as an MEP is hardly likely to stand up in a Parliament of 705 and state I want out because he/she has just been voted in and will look a proper twat.
It just doesn't make sense that anyone would vote for a candidate to join an EU Parliament they're against what good would that do and I just cannot see any logic in it
Rejoice in what as nothing will change much and the new EU Parliament will not start sitting immediately

AudacityOfHope Mon 13-May-19 15:48:33

Really @Coppersulphate?

You're not interested in healthcare, the economy, domestic and/or foreign policy, the welfare state, immigration, how we deal with the impending break-up of the union, the employment rate and the changing workforce in the face of AI, education, defence?

Nothing of interest there? You put Brexit ahead of all of those things?? This is the problem with Brexiteers.

Theworldisfullofgs Mon 13-May-19 15:51:06

Policy = Brexit = job losses, for example : Honda.

Theworldisfullofgs Mon 13-May-19 15:52:41

Personally I'm beginning to think everyone who loses their job as a result of brexit should have their p45 hand delivered by someone enabling it.

RedSheep73 Mon 13-May-19 15:57:12

If a majority vote for something bad, it doesn"t make it good. It just means the majority are wrong.

PortiaCastis Mon 13-May-19 15:57:57

We are not voting for or against brexshit on the 23rd these are EU elections not a general election or a by election or a referendum these are for the EU Parliament and farridge just wants to keep his nose in the trough

NoYo Mon 13-May-19 15:59:37

Op
I'm voting for the Brexit Party too.
I've heard someone say it's like a second referendum so I'm sure Remain parties will wipe the floor with them, what with more people supporting Remain rather than Leave grin

HateIsNotGood Mon 13-May-19 16:00:35

The point of voting for Brexit Party candidates is purely because the majority of Leave voters see the EU Parliamentary Elections as pointless and a tad farcical as the UK shouldn't even be taking part in them; as per the Referendum.

It's the equivalent of 'spoiling' your ballot - yet still voting. No further policy is needed - so what if there are lots of empty seats in the EP with 'Gone Fishing'/Out to Lunch signs; the EP can still carry on with their business.

MrPan Mon 13-May-19 16:11:12

No further policy is needed...the oft-repeated shout by Farage.

Because policy means working things out and attention to detail. NOT just shouting about a load of old bollocks and getting away with it.

BackInTime Mon 13-May-19 16:12:10

OP given that the Brexit Party have not published a manifesto or plans on how to deliver Brexit- have you any insight into how they might achieve this given that sitting as MEPs will not give them any more chance of getting their wish of a hard Brexit because despite what they believe our parliament is sovereign and only parliament can deliver Brexit. Essentially they are wasting taxpayers money paying for more 'faceless bureaucrats' who have no influence in the only policy they care about.

Peregrina Mon 13-May-19 16:12:37

the trouble is the MPs are Remain and the people want to Leave.

You missed a trick then back in 2017, when you could have elected a whole slate of Leave MPs. Why didn't you?

1tisILeClerc Mon 13-May-19 16:13:06

{ I don't believe you care what the average person here thinks.}

Many of my extended family and friends rely on EU membership and all the 'trimmings' that entails so it is not just 'me' but everyone that will be affected by it. The fact that 3 years on you still have no damn clue what 'leaving' actually means is simply ridiculous.
Of course there are problems within the EU, there always will be, but there is a willingness to make things better which leaving will not achieve.

MrPan Mon 13-May-19 16:14:02

People who vote/support Brexit means taking away the NHS as a health service open to all.
I neither respect or forgive them.

HateIsNotGood Mon 13-May-19 16:22:15

MrPan given the Brexit Party has no policies other than to leave the EU what policy on the NHS are you referring to?

HateIsNotGood Mon 13-May-19 16:26:02

clerc - the "everyone" in your circle of family and friends have their rights protected under the WA.

MrPan Mon 13-May-19 16:27:11

There is no 'policy' on the NHS - but we DO know that Farage is in favour of privatising it. That's pretty well know. Not a policy obvs because that means detail and stuff....you know the stuff he doesn't like as it makes him accountable for his shite.

Peregrina Mon 13-May-19 16:27:19

even those with Leave voting constituencies, are trying to stop it.

And Leave MPs in Remain constituencies,like Rees-Mogg, are perfectly happy to ignore their constituents. Of course it can be argued that Rees-Mogg's behaviour of not supporting his PM is helping to thwart Brexit, because she's negotiating the wrong kind of Brexit. Well, up to him and his pals to put their names forward for PM.

Songsofexperience Mon 13-May-19 16:27:38

Putting brexit ahead of all the national issues that do matter and should rightly take priority (such as public services: health, education, police etc) is simply indoctrination.
Brexit is not real; it's a smokescreen hiding the real issues. It won't bring the hope leavers look for, just another bloody annoying set of problems to deal with for the next decades.

Songsofexperience Mon 13-May-19 16:29:07

There is no 'policy' on the NHS - but we DO know that Farage is in favour of privatising it.

Yep- he's on the side of big US pharma. Like a true patriot.

ReleaseTheBats Mon 13-May-19 16:34:23

You missed a trick then back in 2017, when you could have elected a whole slate of Leave MPs. Why didn't you?

Peregrina Both the Tory and Labour manifestos included honouring the referendum result. This is why many people are so angry, with the Tories particularly. Voting for Brexit Party MEPs is the result of the Tories/Labour MPs failing to honour their manifesto pledges.

HateIsNotGood Mon 13-May-19 16:35:04

But Pan - Farage has no interest in anything else in politics, he only came out of retirement to do this Brexit Party thing.

Do you really think that everyone who voted to leave in the referendum and/or will vote for the Brexit Party also wants to "privatise" the NHS?

Unfortunately, even if you don't really think that, plenty of others who want to stay in the EU do believe that - myths and fairy tales - for no other reason other than thinking that wanting to remain in the EU = Righteous Rightness, Pure and Good, We Are The Nice People, Nasty Leave People.

bellinisurge Mon 13-May-19 16:35:08

@Coppersulphate , do you seriously want to play legal semantics over the question of the border. The expectation is no physical infrastructure AT ALL. Do you know anything about NI to think shit like that can be messed with.

WTO rules require you to have control over your economic area. If that can be done remotely without infrastructure, fine. But it can't at the moment. Maybe it could've in the transition period after WA and no one would need the backstop. But no, that was the wrong kind of unicorn and LEAVE MPs wouldn't pass it. They stopped Brexit.

bellinisurge Mon 13-May-19 16:36:44

I've heard other naive posters saying "show me intve GFA where we need to avoid a hard border ". Is this your new schtick? Because it's pathetic.

1tisILeClerc Mon 13-May-19 16:36:47

HateIsNotGood
Most of the basic ones yes but there are some aspects that will not be followed through, although I forget details now.

Clavinova Mon 13-May-19 16:39:43

Policy = Brexit = job losses, for example : Honda.

Just to point out that the Conservatives increased their majority in Swindon in the recent council elections - gaining an extra seat.

Cobblersandhogwash
Could it be Farage in the photo?

Your photo appears in the Guardian - but there is no suggestion that the young man is Nigel Farage - the caption says supporters and the photo was taken outside the Crown Court in 1979 - NF would only have been about 14/15 at the time.

Songsofexperience Mon 13-May-19 16:40:27

Are we toddlers throwing a tantrum because we're not getting what we were promised, even if that promise was a poison chalice? Or are we responsible ups capable of reason?
Brexit is unfortunately not straightforward and already quite damaging, therefore let's have a proper debate about what it is we want rather than throw our toys out of the pram because 'they' promised.

Peregrina Mon 13-May-19 16:41:42

Both the Tory and Labour manifestos included honouring the referendum result.

Neither party won because sufficient numbers of the public didn't buy either vision of Brexit. Effectively, both manifestos bit the dust, because neither party was successful in their sales pitch, which is what the Manifesto is.

However, individual candidates/MPs were at perfect liberty to make their views known on Brexit, and if their constituents had wanted a Leave MP they would have voted for them. Where for example was the UKIP vote? That was the one party which was unashamedly pro Brexit and its vote collapsed.

Songsofexperience Mon 13-May-19 16:41:57

*grown ups

Peregrina Mon 13-May-19 16:42:44

NF would only have been about 14/15 at the time.

And the boy in the photo looks as though he is about 14 or 15.

Peregrina Mon 13-May-19 16:46:02

Do you really think that everyone who voted to leave in the referendum and/or will vote for the Brexit Party also wants to "privatise" the NHS?

Absolutely not - many will have been convinced by the £350 million a week, let's spend it on the NHS. However, they will be the ones most bitterly disappointed if the extreme right wing get in and the NHS is privatised. It won't worry Farage, he's got plenty of money to go privately.

Coppersulphate Mon 13-May-19 16:51:10

Bellini, so you have looked at the GFA.
And you agree with me that there is no mention of a border, either a hard border or any other sort of border.
So, you may not like it but you cannot argue that a hard border in NI breaks the GFA.

And yes, I lost family in the struggles so I know quite a lot about it.

Where does it say Brexiteers want to privatise the NHS? You couldn't make this up!

Coppersulphate Mon 13-May-19 16:54:39

Peregrino,
I did not miss a trick back in 2017.
Like you I had 1 vote and I exercised it. Unfortunately democracy will not allow sensible people like me to have multiple votes.

bellinisurge Mon 13-May-19 16:55:25

If you think that NI would be fine with any kind of border infrastructure, you are kidding yourself. But I've seen a few Leavers punting this idiocy so I suspect it's their new approach. Anything other than admitting that the WA would've made a good stab at dealing with this and people could've got around it.
If you think No Deal is the way forward, you are not really a compromise kind of person and there's no point trying to get you to see reason.

HateIsNotGood Mon 13-May-19 16:58:04

Peregrina the £350million Boris Pledge was something I saw through and disbelieved. I'm not the only one either - it seems to suit quite a few remain voters that all/most Leave voters did believe the Bus and/or Boris. And FB apparently - although also most Leave voters are also supposed to be old and "dead" so hardly the FB demographic.

The Leave vote didn't really get made from the extremes that so many Remain voters believe they're up against.

Coppersulphate Mon 13-May-19 16:58:05

According to the guardian yesterday polls show that the Brexit party looks set to get more votes the the Conservatives and Labour combined.

Coppersulphate Mon 13-May-19 17:00:59

Bellini, just admit that the GFA does not state that there must not be a hard border.
Stop wriggling.

DontMakeMeShushYou Mon 13-May-19 17:03:30

I've heard someone say it's like a second referendum so I'm sure Remain parties will wipe the floor with them, what with more people supporting Remain rather than Leave

Except it's not a referendum is it. It's EU elections. So it would be spectacularly stupid to think people will simply be voting for parties as though it were. It's a lot more nuanced than that, although I guess those who don't want to see that simply won't.

PortiaCastis Mon 13-May-19 17:06:07

Are we actually talking about polls for the EU elections here?

HoustonBess Mon 13-May-19 17:06:11

There might be a substantial chunk of people who'd vote for the overly simple messaging of the brexit party. Probably less than 50% now but a lot of people.

There's no majority for any definite form of brexit though. That's why Farage has kept to platitudes instead of giving any detail whatsoever.

This thread is not accepting new messages.