Talk

Advanced search

Show me your brexit stockpiles cont...

(809 Posts)
SparklySneakers Tue 12-Mar-19 17:27:05

A thread for sharing details of our stashes: what we have, what we need, good hiding places and all sorts of hints and tips to help prepare for shortages in the event of a no deal brexit.

bellinisurge Thu 01-Aug-19 06:39:36

I've had a terrible gardening year for one reason and another,. That's gardening. And life, unfortunately grinHowever, have some tomatoes on tbe go and, with some other seeds I have, reenergising myself with plans for micro greens.

BlackeyedGruesome Thu 01-Aug-19 09:19:46

I grew tomatoes on the windowsill here one year. After our holiday I am going to try again. Micro greens will work too.

Bercows Thu 01-Aug-19 09:20:17

You'll be able to feed a village with that Bellini, no need to worry wink Just buy British or grow your own after all!

bellinisurge Thu 01-Aug-19 09:37:23

@Bercowsconfused

bellinisurge Thu 01-Aug-19 09:37:35

And also 😂😂😂👍

mum2jakie Sun 18-Aug-19 12:14:28

We dug up our 'crop' of sprouted potatoes we planted earlier in the year. My youngest son was delighted with the results. Pretty sure we're not going to be self sufficient any time soon! grin

bellinisurge Sun 18-Aug-19 12:38:08

But yummy @mum2jakie . And you've learned some stuff. I had a dreadful growing year for non- gardening related reasons. You take your victories

mum2jakie Sun 18-Aug-19 17:53:17

They were all eaten and enjoyed within half an hour of being dug up! Lovely. I've tried replanting the potato plants to see if they will produce any more but they look a bit worse for wear now.

bellinisurge Sun 18-Aug-19 17:56:12

Bet your kids were thrilled. That's useful skills you've taught them and knowledge for life right there.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »