Talk

Advanced search

I miss The Brexit Arms...

(23 Posts)
Miljah Tue 27-Nov-18 00:29:38

I guess it has to close down after they lost all their EU staff- or even have quietly slunk away now they realise what Brexit will look like!

Nomad13 Tue 27-Nov-18 02:21:36

I can't say that I miss that level of ignorance really. It was so boring, the apparent allergy to facts.

The tumbleweed in response to your post is amusing though. smile

bellinisurge Tue 27-Nov-18 06:22:26

Plenty of threads available for people to tough it out/make idiots of themselves. But the Brexit Arms did seem to encourage creativity and stubbornness in equal measure.

1tisILeClerc Tue 27-Nov-18 07:40:38

Surely it could be resurrected but make a rule that 'Brexit' discussion should be limited but have references to fancy drinks, music either for or against 'Brexit' and pictures of cute cats or other animals that have a 'cute' factor.
I can't decide if 'Rule Britannia' would start or end the thread. Maybe the Sex Pistols version of God save the Queen?

bellinisurge Tue 27-Nov-18 09:23:48

I fancy some Cornish Champagne. I think there is such a thing. 😿

lonelyplanetmum Tue 27-Nov-18 09:31:57

I thought only retro drinks are allowed as we're turning back time? So make mine a Babycham, much later in the day obvs.

1tisILeClerc Tue 27-Nov-18 10:04:00

{So make mine a Babycham, much later in the day obvs.}
Why, what is wrong with Babycham at breakfast? Never tried it personally and any drinking ruins the chances of doing anything sensible for the rest of the day.
Bit 'nitpicky' but how can you fancy Cornish champagne if you don't know it exists?
You will be happy to know it does, as revealed by a brief 'search'.
It also mentions a ladies choir as having this title so you could be sorted. The prospect of a ladies choir having consumed much alcohol is a mildly concerning thought.

bellinisurge Tue 27-Nov-18 10:58:37

Nigella says it exists in her Christmas book @1tisILeClerc . I therefore believe an expert.
I also think the sun is over the yard arm in New Zealand so I might consider a snifter if offered to me. Or just make a brew which is what I will do now grin

1tisILeClerc Tue 27-Nov-18 11:57:13

{ I therefore believe an expert.}
Not sure we need 'experts' but maybe 'artists' when on the subject of 'slightly excessive' drinking.

CardinalSin Tue 27-Nov-18 12:07:42

We've all had enough of experts Bellini. That nice Mr Gove told us so.

So let's listen to some uninformed ignorami instead...

1tisILeClerc Tue 27-Nov-18 12:13:13

If I knew how to add photos and indeed had a kitten, I would put that up for a bit of light relief. That's a double fail on my part!

Hazardswan Tue 27-Nov-18 16:20:35

LIGHT HEARTED and NORMAL was the phrase I was trying to remember the other day on another thread that was a theme in one of the brexit arms.

The words haunt me now in times of stress. Ad I'm having a quiet moment of despair thinking what should I do in pops in you must be LIGHT HEARTED and NORMAL Brexiters/leavers by and large I find hmm and confused but they do mantras and catch phrases in such an admirable way grin

1tisILeClerc Tue 27-Nov-18 16:36:19

The other one was frothy and something.
Still no kittens sad
How about 10 green bottles song?
10 green bottles gin sitting on a shelf smile....oh fill it in yourselves please.

Hazardswan Tue 27-Nov-18 16:47:32

Brexit Cat anyone?

bellinisurge Tue 27-Nov-18 16:48:05

Love the cat!

1tisILeClerc Tue 27-Nov-18 17:01:20

Thank you, at last!

Kezzie200 Tue 27-Nov-18 17:52:30

Cornish fizz exists as champagne is a protected name. And its amazing! Camel Valley make it.

Buteo Tue 27-Nov-18 18:01:42

bellini There is indeed Cornish "champagne": Camel Valley Brut.

You'll just need to add some English peaches wink

Kezzie200 Tue 27-Nov-18 18:20:05

Or the rose! My favourite smile

bellinisurge Tue 27-Nov-18 18:38:28

Oh no, the sun is over the yard arm here in my grim northern suburb and you wave champagne at me.

1tisILeClerc Tue 27-Nov-18 18:43:22

I prefer the 'grim North' to London anyday.

bellinisurge Tue 27-Nov-18 19:12:38

Everything is better with champagne! Actually, if you met me and saw my life you would see how incongruous that is.

1tisILeClerc Tue 27-Nov-18 19:17:57

I have just been testing myself on the questions for 'Miss France' competition and sadly I don't think I will be eligible, getting only 25 out of 42 questions right.
Just as well I suppose as my curves are definitely in the wrong places.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »