Talk

Advanced search

Charting our nemesis

(287 Posts)
lonelyplanetmum Fri 19-Oct-18 07:12:07

Which chart encapsulates this nightmare for you?

This is the pie chart that I showed my FIL when he was repeating Farage’s drivel. The government’s own 2016 figures showed how statistically insignificant our EU budget percentage contribution always was.

lonelyplanetmum Sat 20-Apr-19 07:27:15

From 26.03.19

1tisILeClerc Sat 20-Apr-19 07:56:13

lonelyplanetmum
I find this chart a bit depressing as it seems to indicate that there is no strong support for being IN the EU.
With 3 years of mass publicity, but allowing for a fair degree of boredom, to me it suggests that the 'Remain' followers have a LOT of work to do.
With the likes of Farage and the UKIP parties, yes they say they want to leave, but seem to have 'leaving' as their end point, and not saying that it is just the starting point for a 'Greater UK' with any form of plan attached for how it might be brought about.
If you decide to go for a day out to the seaside, you plan with buckets, spades, suncream and sandwiches, but I don't see any forward planning apart from the goal of 'leaving'.

ToLeaveOrToRemain Mon 22-Apr-19 09:03:12

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

Mistigri Mon 22-Apr-19 10:47:14

Latest EP election polling. Not all polls have ChUK or Brex yet.

Re the previous post: health warning, possible PBP.

lonelyplanetmum Mon 22-Apr-19 17:02:18

Thank you Mistigri.

TalkinPaece Sat 27-Apr-19 16:17:35

Not a chart,
just a whole page of charts, some about Brexit some not
www.economist.com/graphic-detail/
and the articles on here often contain good charts
www.economist.com/britain/
I get the print edition

lonelyplanetmum Sun 28-Apr-19 05:12:03

Thank you Talk

SleightOfMind Sun 26-May-19 00:56:48

This is interesting.
Increase in turnout between the 2014 vote and 2019, plotted against how councils voted in 2016.
Remainy areas showing the biggest increase in GOTV.

lonelyplanetmum Sun 26-May-19 11:54:33

Thank you Sleight interesting- well we will know later tonight.

I see Gibraltar and the Isles of Scilly are out on extreme limbs there! I feel there is some profound verity that is revealed by those small island communities that is equally applicable to us in a diluted form. However I'm not quite sure what!

lonelyplanetmum Tue 28-May-19 07:34:33

Contrary to what you see in the media on the number crunching if a people's vote were run with the same choices as the 2016 referendum the result would have been:

•Remain: 55.3%
•Leave: 44.7%

That's a 2.3 million lead to Remain. The Remain bloc won 9.3 million votes while the Leave was 7 million.

https://www.businessinsider.com/european-election-results-uk-regrets-brexit-votes-remain-2019-5

lonelyplanetmum Thu 20-Jun-19 08:26:33

lonelyplanetmum Sat 12-Oct-19 19:08:40

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »