Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Looking forward to Wednesday?

(162 Posts)
themueslicamel Mon 27-Mar-17 22:58:27

Nice to see some positive news, Qatar announcing £5,000,000,000 investment and Sir James Dyson makes some valid points in support of going our own way.

It's funny how life works out isn't it, Teresa May campaigns for remain and she is the one to trigger brexit!

Come on TM, get on with it so we can make a start.

MakemineaGandT Tue 28-Mar-17 00:11:06

I'm looking forward to it in the sense that the Brexiters will have to actually start trying to achieve what they've promised. I'm sick of hearing vague promises that they haven't had to yet back up with anything meaningful. It's time for them to put their money where their mouths are and show Remainers they're wrong rather than just telling them they are.

I should add that I don't think it's possible. I simply don't believe there's a deal out there which is equivalent to, let alone better than, the one we have now, as an EU member. I also don't believe there is any "harm" so bad resulting from being in the EU that is worth all the pain, hassle and cost of leaving to escape.

I'm happy to be proved wrong, and will admit that if Brexiters can prove me wrong. I very much doubt I'll have to eat my hat though.

Over to you Brexiters: your time starts on Weds......

DancingDragon Tue 28-Mar-17 00:17:10

Over to you Brexiters: your time starts on Weds......

Absolutely. I'm looking forward to seeing how 'the plan' you have unfolds. Enjoy.

missmoon Tue 28-Mar-17 00:18:19

It's the end of the phoney war.

Peregrina Tue 28-Mar-17 02:56:31

What exactly will Qatar invest, or want in return? At a guess Armaments. How wonderful to be the bargain basement for the Arms Trade! Is that really what people wanted out of the EU for, Tory right-wingers excepted?

MsHooliesCardigan Tue 28-Mar-17 03:27:02

Yes, can't fucking wait hmm

LondonMum8 Tue 28-Mar-17 06:29:18

20% of IoD companies consider moving some operations out of the UK. Wahey, taking back control!

twofingerstoEverything Tue 28-Mar-17 06:37:18

I'm looking forward to seeing TM put her money where her mouth is after 9 months of flannel from the so-called Brexiteers.
"James Dyson makes valid points..." grin Is that the best we've got?

GhostofFrankGrimes Tue 28-Mar-17 06:41:03

2 years of blaming the EU when they won't roll over like fluffy kittens to the great empire. Brexiters foaming at the mouths and sabre rattling when reality unfolds. Yep, it's going to be embarrassing.

surferjet Tue 28-Mar-17 07:38:15

The 24 hour countdown begins!
🍾wine🍾wine

Actually getting butterflies grin

Peregrina Tue 28-Mar-17 07:42:40

I am really looking forward to seeing what excuse the Brexiters make, and seeing how quickly they jump ship.

Dyson - when will he be bringing all his production back to the UK?

Motheroffourdragons Tue 28-Mar-17 07:54:34

I suppose this is when we find out what the full extent of a hard Brexit really is.

I hope it is what Brexiters thought they were voting for.

Kaija Tue 28-Mar-17 08:12:25

It's very exciting. We'll be able to get rid of all that environmental regulation. I miss sewage at the seaside. Can't wait!!!

Bearbehind Tue 28-Mar-17 08:21:14

I too am looking forward to actually seeing some answers rather than the vagueries we've been fobbed off with so far.

Imjustapoorboy Tue 28-Mar-17 08:23:39

Until anyone can actually show evidence of what you have actually voted for I am suprised you can celebrate.

If you belonged to a company that was decoupling from a corporation you would want to know if your job was safe the impact on redundancies the impact on your pension on your holidays on how much money you would have each month to live on. But you don't seem concerned at all. So either the brexiters on MN are so rich it doesn't matter. Have no empathy so it doesn't matter or just have blind faith

themueslicamel Tue 28-Mar-17 08:27:51

_^Re the post asking where the Qatari investments will be, they said the following.
^_
^Our investments in the UK will focus on energy, infrastructure, real estate, services and other sectors.”^

LondonMum8 Tue 28-Mar-17 08:28:22

@Peregrina That's easy. Sir Dyson will bring the production back to the UK, when the cost of British labour deprived of their rights becomes comparable with that of Thailand. The inital collapse of the pound is also good start, but we are not there yet.

surferjet Tue 28-Mar-17 08:29:02

I miss sewage at the seaside

😂😂😂😂😂 as if the government would let that happen. Oh.My.God.

Imjustapoorboy Tue 28-Mar-17 08:31:18

So Qatar is buying us up. Hurrah! Let's take control of the borders we have sold

expatinscotland Tue 28-Mar-17 08:31:19

Oh, definitely, the fracking especially hmm.

Kaija Tue 28-Mar-17 08:34:15

Yes, surfer, as if...

PhaedrusRising Tue 28-Mar-17 08:34:41

Yes. It's my dad's funeral and he hit my mum. Oh, you didn't mean just generally looking forward to Wednesday did you? Sorry for the misunderstanding.

I'd still dance on his grave if he wasn't being scattered to the wind. Bastard.

Peregrina Tue 28-Mar-17 09:26:48

I miss sewage at the seaside
as if the government would let that happen. Oh.My.God.

Don't kid yourself, with Oh my Gods - they can and they would. Not that they will go ripping out sewage treatment plants, they will just let them get older and decay. Thames Water was fined the other week for a heavy pollution scandal which killed thousands of fish, so if they can get away with that now, what is to stop them when the regulations are ripped up?

user1486924355 Tue 28-Mar-17 09:54:40

Yep, can't wait.

RufusTheRenegadeReindeer Tue 28-Mar-17 09:56:23

phaedrus

thanks

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now