Brexit Arms special - the fingers on the trigger!

(1000 Posts)
surferjet Fri 10-Mar-17 16:48:00

Well here we are, almost 9 months on from the referendum & A50 is finally set to be triggered this month.
We've had petitions, marches, tantrums & tears, from the hardcore remainers desperately trying to stop the will of the people, but they can't.

So let's get the champagne out of the cellar ready & waiting - this is the last Brexit Arms thread so let's celebrate!
🍾🇬🇧🍾🇬🇧🍾🇬🇧🍾🇬🇧🍾

Marmitelover55 Fri 10-Mar-17 20:38:52

LOL at the champagne - better get used to the inevitable Brexit price rises for imported goods sad

springsprinkle Fri 10-Mar-17 20:43:11

www.westmonster.com/former-bank-of-england-governor-backs-clean-brexit/

hotmail124 Fri 10-Mar-17 21:36:39

the fingers on the trigger!

Britain first. hmm

Figmentofmyimagination Fri 10-Mar-17 21:44:15

Good luck everyone -

m.youtube.com/watch?v=vH3-Gt7mgyM

WidowWadman Fri 10-Mar-17 21:44:57

You had at least a couple of weeks left on the other thread, why a new one?

averylongtimeago Fri 10-Mar-17 21:47:36

Because they are twats, Widow.
They can fuck right off with their champagne.

RortyCrankle Sat 11-Mar-17 05:50:03

averylongtimeago
Because they are twats, Widow.
They can fuck right off with their champagne.

Gosh, you're lovely aren't you hmm

Meow.

Raises a glass to the triggering of the A50 this month and to all Leavers [glass]

To all the Remainers who have turned this board into a self pity party of moaning and whining - tough shit, you lost grin

GhostofFrankGrimes Sat 11-Mar-17 06:52:52

this is the last Brexit Arms thread

That's a terrible shame. When the job losses hit, the funding dries up and the unicorns fail to materialise there will be no Brexit Arms patrons around to cry into their beer.

Brexit really was a football match to some. You "win", you celebrate, you have the parade. Someone else will have to pick up the rubbish. Intellect free all the way.

Bearbehind Sat 11-Mar-17 07:24:36

I've been giving these threads a wide berth lately as it is truly pointless discussing this with people who refuse to see that there is more to leaving the EU than tearing up a flag.

A link on the Westminster thread from 'Britain thinks' quite succinctly demonstrates the issue which is that the 'die hards' are not even considering trade or the economy.

Once A50 is invoked then the shit will really hit the fan as people wake up to the fact we are

-not going to be able to have our cake and eat it
- not going to see a huge drop in immigration
- all going to be affected by inflation directly caused by Brexit
- jobs and work prospects will be adversely affected for many

I really and truly hope those who chose this reap what you've sown as soon as possible however I sadly suspect many of you made the choice you did precisely because you can afford to weather the storm in a completely selfish 'I'm alright Jack' way.

Bananagio Sat 11-Mar-17 07:26:13

this is the last Brexit Arms thread

Why? Genuine question from an occasional lurker at the pub. Article 50 is surely just the start, bringing us up to speed re where we should have been last June had Cameron not thrown a spanner in the works. As a committed Remainer I can assure you I don't see A50 as the end and a sign to slink off and lick my wounds. Like you I now want to move on and get on with it as I have accepted leaving. I am not interested in why people voted Leave anymore, my interest is now that Leaving isn't the completely incompetent clusterfuck that this limbo period has indicated it will be. And I am sure that will be the case for a lot of campaigning Remainers. So A50 for me makes no real odds either way apart from a signal that after all these months in limbo it is game on. If you really do see A50 being triggered as being the end of it (hence no more pub) and the equivalent of driving through the town centre on the top of your double decker bus holding up your cup in victory then you really do have a lot of faith in the powers-that-be acting in your many varied best interests. Or was it really all about "winning" a vote and as long as we are not part of the EU as it stands you don't really care about how it all looks at the end?

GhostofFrankGrimes Sat 11-Mar-17 07:28:54

Leavers see A50 as the end because that is when it all gets abit sticky and awkward questions need to be answered. Party is over.

Bearbehind Sat 11-Mar-17 07:32:29

I genuinely think a lot of Leavers, certainly on this thread, see A50 as the goal rather than even beginning to comprehend that it is only the start.

Sums up why this is such a disaster really.

surferjet Sat 11-Mar-17 07:51:38

Morning all brew
The Brexit Arms was started, primarily, to bring us all together to discuss events leading up to triggering A50. Of course it's not 'game over' once A50 has been triggered, it's just the start! But there are other threads on here to bore you to death discuss the wider issues, people will be discussing the effects of Brexit in 50 years time but that's not what this thread is about.

Bearbehind Sat 11-Mar-17 07:55:00

surfer if I recall correctly these threads were started to discuss 'all things Brexit related'

It really does highlight the problem when you and your leave cronies think anything after A50 is not worthy of discussion.

surferjet Sat 11-Mar-17 08:02:13

I'm not stopping anyone discussing events after A50, you've got RTB's threads to discuss all things political- do we really need two threads?
This is a one issue thread if you like.

GhostofFrankGrimes Sat 11-Mar-17 08:05:37

Quite the paradox there surfer.

Bananagio Sat 11-Mar-17 08:15:19

but there are other threads on here to bore you to death discuss the wider issues

See this is what I don't get. I get the people who want any Brexit thread hidden on this board away from the busier boards (even though I don't agree with them) as I think a large part of the population doesn't care that much re what happens next and are bored of it. But it seems bizarre that the posters in the pub who cared enough about Brexit to start thread after thread celebrating it are now reaching the "bored to death" stage just when it actually happens and starts getting interesting and the terms of what you voted for are going to be decided. Disclaimer: am not including a few regular Leave posters in this generalisation who do contribute to the other threads here and are obviously interested in what happens next.

Bearbehind Sat 11-Mar-17 08:19:10

PMSL surfer

For months you wanted a little corner for Leavers to discuss Brexit yet you're now saying it was only ever to discuss events up to A50 being triggered hmm

You clearly do see this as 'the end' because you don't care what the outcome is as long as we can see we're no longer part of the away.

You are the epitome of the 'die hard' voters I referred to above.

Nothing beyond your Union Jack matters to you.

Bearbehind Sat 11-Mar-17 08:20:40

^^

as long as we can see we're no longer part of the away

As long as we can say we're no longer part of the EU

GhostofFrankGrimes Sat 11-Mar-17 08:22:01

Brexit is just a feeling. Like sovereignty. grin

surferjet Sat 11-Mar-17 09:41:27

Bananagio
Quite a few regulars on the B.A threads post on the other thread, this is not, & never was, a thread to discuss Brexit in every minute detail. I personally do not post much on any other ref. thread because they're mostly full of remainers (still) moaning. The negativity is depressing & not something I want to be a part of.
Brexit will be a success - I'm certain of it smile

PoundlandUK Sat 11-Mar-17 09:48:56

Nothing beyond your Union Jack matters to you

Hope all those celebrating A50 trigger enjoy that flag whilst they still can smile

CardinalSin Sat 11-Mar-17 11:42:03

So which version of the new Union Flag do you like?

scaryteacher Sat 11-Mar-17 12:12:25

ghost Brexit is just a feeling. Bit like feeling like a European citizen really. Still can't see how you can be a citizen of something that is not actually a country or a state, that doesn't have one set of rules, taxation, defence or currency. If that is where you think it is going, and want it to go, that is why some of us wanted to leave.

I think there's lots to do post the triggering of A50; not least to see where the legal basis is for the 'bill' the EU is going to try to stick us with, as there seems to be nothing in the treaties; or to see if indeed Barnier will be the negotiator, as a team shouldn't be assembled really until A50 is triggered.

This thread is not accepting new messages.