Talk

Advanced search

To wonder if there are any Leave voters who actually are having second thoughts about Brexit

(514 Posts)
Bearbehind Fri 17-Feb-17 19:42:22

Following Tony Blairs call for Remainers to convince Leavers to change their mind I'm wondering if there are actually any Leavers who are worried and might prefer us not to be going in the direction we are heading.

From what I've seen Leavers are more determined than ever and really don't seem in the slightest bit concerned about any negative repercussions so they're not going to be swayed.

Who is Blair aiming his comments at?

creampinkrose Fri 17-Feb-17 19:44:17

I was wondering that too.

I don't think anyone has changed their minds due to Blair but I think many people have become all the more determined.

Bearbehind Fri 17-Feb-17 20:01:35

Blair was one of the worst people who could have said what he did.

I'd dig my heels in too.

trinketsofgold Fri 17-Feb-17 20:09:39

Nope

And Tony Blair.... Really 😂 😂

BewtySkoolDropowt Fri 17-Feb-17 20:10:05

I know a leave voter that has changed their mind, and more than one abstainer that would now vote to remain.

But i know many more 'out' remainers than brexiters so it's not representative of the overall picture.

AlexanderBerry Fri 17-Feb-17 20:24:18

I know five different people who wish they'd voted remain.

GlacindaTheTroll Fri 17-Feb-17 20:26:33

Why on earth does Blair think anyone finds him credible?

I think his intervention will have given great succour to 'Leave'

MaidOfStars Fri 17-Feb-17 20:27:06

The only Brexiteers I know were on a 'democracy/EU superstate' platform, and explicitly pro-EU immigration/single market/ECHR. Would like to know what they are thinking....

Applebite Fri 17-Feb-17 20:28:23

I know 4 people who voted to leave who really regret it.

Plus there are might some in places that got lots of EU subsidies, say Cornwall or parts of wales?

StrawberryShortcake32 Fri 17-Feb-17 20:30:20

Voted out
Would do again.

Blair can go do one.

OdinsLoveChild Fri 17-Feb-17 20:32:27

I don't regret voting leave. Neither do the few other friends I've managed a quick chat with today that voted leave. Most seem to think Tony can take a flying jump as he's possibly one the least credible people to wade into this debate.
I know 2 remainers that are now saying its not looking as bad as they thought it would and theyre no longer scared of their future. They also admit they got caught up in all the scaremongering and that's what made them vote remain.

winkywinkola Fri 17-Feb-17 20:37:42

Odin, we've not left yet!

But there are still warnings from economists. I guess it depends which media you believe or trust.

meltownmary Fri 17-Feb-17 20:40:29

Well if Blair is toxic in relation to Remaining, who do you think would be a good spokesperson for it?

I have no idea, brain fog at the moment, but just wondered.

Applebite Fri 17-Feb-17 20:40:51

If there is one thing that leavers and remainers can mostly agree on, it's that Blair is an utter twat.

TheAugury Fri 17-Feb-17 20:41:05

My friends are a mix of die hard remainers and committed Brexiteers most haven't swayed at all but some of the remainers I know in real life are far less convinced by project fear now and admit to having being swayed by it, a couple say they would maybe vote Leave now but I think it's dangerous to extrapolate. I am such a committed Leavers they could just be saying that. The one thing we all seem to agree on is that Blair is untrustworthy and just looking to line his own pocket. The biggest liar in British politics trying to usurp democracy for his own ends.

winkywinkola Fri 17-Feb-17 20:43:54

Right message. Wrong man. He's a good orator. He is toxic though.

I hate him a smidge less than May or IDS.

But I want to know what exactly is on the table before I would vote again.

It makes sound economic sense to know instead of leaping out and merely hoping for the best based on not much apart from Rule Britannia.

More interesting reading on the EU's recent economic performance.

arethereanyleftatall Fri 17-Feb-17 21:09:52

Voted leave and would do so again.

NiceMoustache Fri 17-Feb-17 21:20:32

Voted out would do so again. Same for OH. Don't know any Leavers who have changed their minds.

chocolateworshipper Fri 17-Feb-17 21:25:00

If Tom Hardy said we should remain .............

Patchouli666 Fri 17-Feb-17 21:26:06

Out. Still out. Change my bind because of Tony cunting Blair? No fucking way. One word Iraq.... Not such a good decision there eh?

Patchouli666 Fri 17-Feb-17 21:26:40

Bind....mind

CerealShopper Fri 17-Feb-17 21:27:04

I voted leave, and was shocked when it became apparent that politicians actually hadn't got a proper plan in place for us to leave, but Tony Bleurgh won't win me over at all.

It's all a bit of an unknown, but my heart says that I voted the right way.

cardibach Fri 17-Feb-17 21:33:18

I think there aren't many who would admit they had changed there minds as the debate has been (and continues to be) bitter and polarised and it would be hard to back down. But in the privacy of the polling booth? Taking into account the blatant lies told by the Leave campaign along with the barefaced way they admitted them? I think perhaps quite a lot.

cardibach Fri 17-Feb-17 21:33:48

Their! Their! I do know grammar, honestly.

tabulahrasa Fri 17-Feb-17 21:36:19

"I voted leave, and was shocked when it became apparent that politicians actually hadn't got a proper plan in place for us to leave"

Um... but it was very clear there was no plan.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now