Really fed up with media and low standards

(2 Posts)
bkgirl Mon 15-Aug-16 03:45:35

Since the referendum vote it has become clear to me just how heavily media is biased to it's editors/media moguls point of view. I feel we are manipulated like sheep. I used to like channel 4 news, now it just feels like todays middle class 'right on' lecture.
I have changed my views in the past when I hear a cognative persuasive argument, but the standards of reporting have got so low. They seem dominated by fear in all respects and covering up truths. I just keep thinking the people are being lied to/misled/not informed.
I hope all the people of the world catch on we aren't so different (and I mean this applies to women as equals in various cultures too)and stop making their politicians with the vested interests in oil or the arms trade so rich. Maybe if channel 4 news and the rest of the media concentrated on who is getting rich with all these wars - we could stop them and the human misery that goes with them. There are a lot of beautiful countries getting blown to pieces with innocent civilians seen as acceptable damage. Time we all caught ourselves on - wars can be stopped.

Corcory Mon 15-Aug-16 15:49:55

Gosh! Heavy stuff bkgirl. Would love to see some specific examples.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now