Talk

Advanced search

I've never met a brex regret

(261 Posts)
TaleSpin Mon 11-Jul-16 22:34:54

Those reputed regretters...they must hang out in the psyches of rabid Remainers, for I sure ain't met one!

MajesticWhine Mon 11-Jul-16 22:40:18

I haven't met anyone who openly admitted regret, although I know a few leavers have gone very quiet.

Ohwhatalovelysummer Mon 11-Jul-16 22:50:36

Met none myself either... Although I suspect some leavers have gone quiet, because sometimes it seems you are damned if you do and damned if you dont when you admit to being pro Brexit. Also, and I have noticed this particularly whilst lurking on mumsnet, the dialogue seems to be tediously circular, and at the end just seems to revert back to name calling and further entrenched positions.

TaleSpin Mon 11-Jul-16 23:26:44

Quiet because of the continual 'but what is THE PLAN?' requests. And maybe quiet now as we silently watch that PLAN unfold. Cautiously optimistic is my mood, as well as hopelessly relieved at the result. Happy days.

Mooingcow Mon 11-Jul-16 23:34:31

Quiet because of the continual 'but what is THE PLAN?'

Bored and deafened by it. Getting on with plans, professionally and personally, Brexit-related and otherwise.

Uninterested in defending my choice to those maddened by not having their way and the arrogant astonishment that my choice was made out of personal spore and general ignorance.

Enjoying the glimpses of summer, some excellent books and wine and also just heart-deep happy that the vote went the right way.

KarlosKKrinkelbeim Mon 11-Jul-16 23:36:06

I haven't met any either, but I don't hang out with people stupid enough to have voted leave, which probably explains it.

ReallyTired Mon 11-Jul-16 23:36:35

I think that those who voted for Brexit gave the sense to keep quiet when near rabid remainers. I wanted if any lukewarm remainers are pleased with the referendum result.

The eu had/ has advantages and disadvantages. Dave Cameron could not get enough reform of the eu to satisfy those who were pro leave. Leaving the EU is a step into the unknown, but there are a wealth of possibilities.

APotterWithAHappyAtmosphere Mon 11-Jul-16 23:38:49

The few Leavers I know have been super defensive, I haven't met any regretters.

ThroughThickAndThin01 Mon 11-Jul-16 23:38:54

Nope I don't know anyone regretting it either. I'd quite like TM to hurry it all up a bit now. Stop all the second referendum nonsense, lawyers writing to ex PM's etc.

Lighteningirll Tue 12-Jul-16 07:29:08

Not met any regretters but am very saddened at some of the behaviour I have seen

Believeitornot Tue 12-Jul-16 07:30:52

I voted remain but have mellowed a bit since the result. Still a bit sad about it.
I've heard people who voted leave talking about it but not overtly.
If it was such a majority then where are they??

Bearbehind Tue 12-Jul-16 07:44:16

Quiet because of the continual 'but what is THE PLAN?' requests. And maybe quiet now as we silently watch that PLAN unfold.

If you think we are witnessing a PLAN unfold you are completely deluded, what we are living through is on a wing and a prayer at best.

PigletWasPoohsFriend Tue 12-Jul-16 07:48:28

None of the leavers I know have any regret.

Grassgreendashhabi Tue 12-Jul-16 08:39:12

I've met not and am an avid leaver!

smallfox2002 Tue 12-Jul-16 08:47:12

There appear to have been plenty on the news! Just cause you've never met one doesn't mean they don't exist.

Poptart27 Tue 12-Jul-16 08:49:27

No I haven't. I have to say I am very disappointed in the remainers behaviour though. Leavers are keeping quiet to avoid the abuse!

bakeoffcake Tue 12-Jul-16 08:52:29

I have! One said she cried when she found out the result, the other, said he feels ridiculously stupid for voting out. Both did it as a protest vote and thought the Reminers would win.

Ohwhatalovelysummer Tue 12-Jul-16 09:02:30

Small, whilst it may be true that they do exist, If your yardstick was the elusive regretters you have seen in the media, then by that same yardstick planes must be dropping out of the sky constantly, and every other person you meet is going to be murdered by a psycho. Its just not in perspective, because for the media, lots of content leavers do not a good story make.

TheElementsSong Tue 12-Jul-16 09:10:13

Are Leavers being abused to such a significant scale that they have to go into hiding? I thought they were the majority? I'm sure I keep being told that there are 17 million Leave voters and that they represent a clear and overwhelming mandate confused.

kesstrel Tue 12-Jul-16 09:12:53

Bizarre. There have been various polls indicating that around 5% of leavers regret their votes and would change them (and 2% of remainers ditto). Easily found on Google. While we know polls have margins of error, this would indicate nonetheless that at least 1 or 2 leave voters out of every 100 regrets their vote. This information is easy to find by googling.

Yet here we see Leave voters who apparently believe that just because they don't know anyone personally who has admitted it to them, those people must not exist....I really hope that isn't the kind of logic and understanding of statistics you applied when you decided on your vote. ...

Grassgreendashhabi Tue 12-Jul-16 09:16:36

Element - as you must be aware as soon as leavers start replying to threads they a badgered , wanting proof of reasons they voted leave -and as proof is given they then turn nasty calling you racist or uneducated etc.

Grassgreendashhabi Tue 12-Jul-16 09:18:11

Kess-** *Yet here we see Leave voters who apparently believe that just because they don't know anyone personally who has admitted it to them, those people must not exist*

Yet all remainers keep harping on that SO many leavers regret their vote.

Obviously there will be some but vice Versa.

Ohwhatalovelysummer Tue 12-Jul-16 09:18:16

Snooty/Goady comments such as those above from Kesstrel and Karlos, are exactly the reason why Leave voters have given up on attempting to have a sensible Dialogue with militant remainers.

Ohwhatalovelysummer Tue 12-Jul-16 09:19:20

"Element - as you must be aware as soon as leavers start replying to threads they a badgered , wanting proof of reasons they voted leave -and as proof is given they then turn nasty calling you racist or uneducated etc."

100% agree grassgreen...

Grassgreendashhabi Tue 12-Jul-16 09:19:35

Kess - your last paragraph just backed up why leavers are fed up with commenting. Very patronising

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now