Talk

Advanced search

How many "remain" voters were school prefects?

(21 Posts)
bkgirl Wed 06-Jul-16 03:45:42

Seriously, just realised, out of my friends over 70% I reckon were school prefects. Can't be a co-incidence! Can it? smile

MsKite Wed 06-Jul-16 03:57:47

I wasn't. Didn't have the right attitude, so I was told by the headmaster <proud>

bkgirl Wed 06-Jul-16 04:16:30

Lol MsKite, me neither (though not a remainer). Not only that, the nun in charge told me I was only one in our year she wasn't asking to be a nun smile
I was really pleased.

BonjourMinou Wed 06-Jul-16 04:25:30

Half the country can't have been a prefect!

Disclaimer: I voted remain and was a prefect grin

zabuzabu Wed 06-Jul-16 04:31:58

Leaver - Head girl wink

BitOutOfPractice Wed 06-Jul-16 04:36:17

We didn't have prefects at my school. But I SO would've been one if they did. Voted stay.

Helmetbymidnight Wed 06-Jul-16 10:16:02

I wasn't. They never picked the short girls. Never.

powershowerforanhour Wed 06-Jul-16 10:20:38

I wasn't. I wasn't enough of a joiner-inner.

PigletWasPoohsFriend Wed 06-Jul-16 10:21:35

Nope neither me nor DH nor any of our siblings. All remain voters.

sorenofthejnaii Wed 06-Jul-16 10:38:09

It's unlikely many remain voters were school prefects. As not many people were school prefects

But were many school prefects might well have voted Remain.

But making someone a school prefect at random would not make them a Remain voter.

Causation and correlation.

No, I wasn't a prefect. I didn't fit in.

KingJoffreyLikesJaffaCakes Wed 06-Jul-16 10:39:36

No, I was a total black sheep.

I did run the Chess Club though.

MajesticSeaFlapFlap Wed 06-Jul-16 10:40:40

Voted remain.
Expelled from three schools and put in pupil referral unitblush

tabulahrasa Wed 06-Jul-16 10:40:59

I left school at 16, shortly before they kicked me out...so um, no, lol

bkgirl Wed 06-Jul-16 10:42:12

It's unlikely many remain voters were school prefects. As not many people were school prefects

Indeed, just thought it was odd so many of my mates who voted remain were indeed school prefects at their various schools. I was just wondering had anyone else found the same stats smile

sorenofthejnaii Wed 06-Jul-16 10:44:30

Indeed, just thought it was odd so many of my mates who voted remain were indeed school prefects at their various schools

I'm surprised you know so many school prefects grin

I have no idea of my friends were prefects because that was 30 yrs ago

Arfarfanarf Wed 06-Jul-16 10:47:09

grin funny. I voted remain and I wasn't a school prefect.

At our school, the prefects (monitors they were called. Little yellow/gold shield shaped badge) were all bullies. hmm it is really odd. Not all bullies were monitors but all monitors were bullies.

I have never understood why it worked out like that. Giving 'power' to people who are already bullies really didn't help.

bkgirl Wed 06-Jul-16 10:47:32

LOL, funny I know enough about most of the remainers (mates) but some of the leavers I couldn't actually tell you. Must go round asking!!!! lol

Religieuse Wed 06-Jul-16 10:55:50

Did you leave school quite recently and you all knew each other at school? Because I have absolutely no idea which of my friends were school prefects. It's not something that really comes up in conversation, ever, is it?

I voted 'remain' and was the one who sat at the back reading novels and ducking when other people threw chairs around. It was that kind of school. Come to think of it, I don't think we had prefects. They would have been in fear of their lives.

Threepineapples Wed 06-Jul-16 19:58:16

No I was one of the few who wasn't "invited" (we had loads of them for some reason). I have no idea why grin

It doesn't seem odd that you know whether they were or not - are most of your friends people you've known for years?! I wouldn't know about anyone I'd met since leaving school, which is almost everyone, because it was 28 years ago <creak>

loobyloo1234 Wed 06-Jul-16 20:20:44

Leaver - Deputy Head Girl blush god knows why they picked me, I was not a role model

bkgirl Sun 10-Jul-16 21:17:14

LOL I left school ages ago but kept many pals from those days and attended a convent school which also had a percentage of boarders. Funny, some pals who voted remain got in touch after and when they dropped the hysteria and name calling and went from anger to grief (took a few days) we actually started communicating sensibly. They were my friends for a reason, I like them as people .

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now