Talk

Advanced search

Theresa May article pulled by Telegraph

(9 Posts)
Spinflight Sat 02-Jul-16 17:08:46

http://order-order.com/2016/07/02/read-full-article-pulled-telegraph-pressure-may-campaign/

I have some experience of the eborders software mentioned. It was a disgrace designed specifically such that our borders could not be controlled, or maybe as the article suggests that May could not be blamed by holding vital statistics.

Also the police federation is just a union that cannot strike. It has no real power hence picking a fight with it is hardly a heroic act.

Everyone who has any experience of working with Theresa May has the same opinion, she puts her own ambitions above the needs of the country.

BritBrit Sat 02-Jul-16 17:17:28

Very disturbing & Theresa May has done other questionable things that make her unsuitable to be PM e.g. supported remain, wanted the snoopers charter, has a bad relationship with the police, supports sharia law

mupperoon Sat 02-Jul-16 17:29:35

What a bizarre statement about eBorders! I was involved in the programme and saw zero evidence that it was designed to remove control over our borders. In fact, I was furious at the amount of intrusive control it would (and did) impose over travel into and out of the country. It was always destined to fail from the bid stage, as are many over-ambitious IT projects, not least because the company appointed to manage requirements on behalf of the Labour government who started the programme had no interest in completing the process within a reasonable time frame. As far as I can see, May inherited a complete cock-up.

AlcoChocs Sat 02-Jul-16 18:47:54

the Guido Fawkes blog has saved the article and has a link to it.

tilder Sat 02-Jul-16 18:55:25

Is this because Brexit voters want a Brexit pm? Therefore seeking to discredit a remain pm hopeful?

She is quite right wing you know. Am sure she will be a Tory dream.

Spinflight Sat 02-Jul-16 19:08:58

I have intimate knowledge of the shenanigans behind the eborders software and it certainly wasn't merely an inherited problem.

A billion quid for something that couldn't, and was refused to enable, a mere integer count.

The decision was during May's tenure, though as with everything else in sure she would deny responsibility.

Yes she is very right wing, but that isn't a good thing.

RortyCrankle Sat 02-Jul-16 22:41:00

It doesn't matter how good or bad she is, people on here are only supporting her because she has a vagina - whatever happened to best person for the job?

Figmentofmyimagination Sun 03-Jul-16 05:37:58

Rorty people are 'supporting' her because she has some experience and she isn't Gove, leadsom or the equally odious Liam fox.

Squeegle Sun 03-Jul-16 06:01:27

Who is the best person for the job? I'm no fan of TM but she is obviously better than Boris would have been. Michael Gove is just not an option I hope. Who is the best next prime minister considering the state we're in?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now