Toddler friendly (i.e morning!) Pro EU events demonstration?

(8 Posts)
Anticyclone Thu 30-Jun-16 09:27:48

I live in London and really want to show my support for staying in the EU, but I have a toddler who naps in the early afternoon and obviously can't stay out late.

Are there any events I can attend that are in the morning or lunchtime?

Anticyclone Thu 30-Jun-16 09:29:58

Sorry title should read : events OR demonstrations.

Thefuturecouldbebright Thu 30-Jun-16 09:32:09

Imho, I dont think you should bring your toddler, the trouble with these events is that they can get heated very quickly, I understand that you must feel frustrated and want to get involved, but please consider leaving the little one at home, just my opinion. 😊

MrsMarsch Thu 30-Jun-16 09:39:43

The UK is leaving the EU after a democratic vote. When will people accept this?

Anticyclone Thu 30-Jun-16 09:42:28

I understand your concern future. But DS had a good time at the anti austerity demo a few months ago, and the vast majority of people seemed very positive and friendly.

Thefuturecouldbebright Thu 30-Jun-16 09:51:51

Well, of course, you are the parent 😊 Wouldnt want to tell you what to do, you must make the decision that you feel is right, I think my concern lies with the highly emotive content that could result in any demonstration on this issue going from peaceful to frought quite quickly. Anyway, as I said, its only my opinion. 😊

TheElementsSong Thu 30-Jun-16 09:53:55

The UK is leaving the EU after a democratic vote. When will people accept this?

The UK is a country with freedom of speech and freedom of association. When will people accept this?

Anticyclone Thu 30-Jun-16 10:00:00

There are about a million other threads for arguing, this one is not.

I've just seen the march for Europe in London this Saturday at 11am, so might go to that and try and nap DS in sling or pushchair.

Anything else happening on weekdays?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now